Editing Fun #1

Steve Randles

Thanks Newt, but what do I download, there's a lot of links around :headhurt:

There is also Photoshop Elements. This is a 'lite' version of Photoshop that has most of the tools that you need on a day to day basis. I think the latest version is v4. should only cost 45-50 nicker, there is also Paint shop Pro X. Normally £99.99 but Amazon are selling it for £44.97.

Like Newt says though The Gimp is free ;)

Click on this link. You need to download the gimp and the relevant gtk libtary for your version of Windows.

You need to install gtk libs before you install Gimp.

http://gimp-win.sourceforge.net/stable.html

Edited by corydoras

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve

Can I use a third party filter, or must I stick to using built in tools?

Cory

Sure why not, its a fun thing so the less rules the better.

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

:angry::wallbash::headhurt::cc_surrender::giveup:

I have been sat here three hours !!!! with the tutorial disc and my book Photoshop for Dummies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am ashamed to say Photoshop and I do not get on!!!!

no wine only caffeine and I have not been able to produce anything.

So please Steve give my place to next in line,perhaps I will give it another go when less stressed...too much going on in my head I think.

Sorry

Judith

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

I have been sat here three hours !!!! with the tutorial disc and my book Photoshop for Dummies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No apologies needed, Judy! :schmoll: Even after having had a class in PhotoShop, what MrWiggly did may as well have been written in Greek. I would have been able to add the sheep but all the layer stuff is way beyond me. I'm sure Steve will have another go in the near future. Your (our?) turn will come.

Can I be a pain in the arse and swap with Hellbelly?? I'm away all day (and probably most of the early hours) Saturday and it's my Birthday Friday (don't be embarrassed to forward any cards and gifts :lol: ) so I'll probably be away from the pc then aswell ................ ta

Julia, my birthday is Saturday but bet I'm a whole lot older than you... Have a happy!!!

Edited by Jan V

So that means it is HBs turn now then???!!! He'll be nervous, he thought he had a day or two to think about what to do.

I've just had a go and am happy with what I have done so I was wondering seeing as how Nurse Judy wants to opt out and Julia wants to swap with HB, could I please take Judys turn, and then HB, and then Julia. HB will want to do his own thing so I don't want to step on his toes. Will post the pic, but if this is not okay, I will remove it so HB and/or Judy can have their turn. Thankyou.

newretouched.jpg

I'm rather proud of that, my very first effort at photoshop.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY JULIA AND JAN :)

Edited by TubularBelle
I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

no wine only caffeine and I have not been able to produce anything.

So please Steve give my place to next in line,perhaps I will give it another go when less stressed...too much going on in my head I think.

Sorry

Judith

Don't give up Judy. If my 12 year old son can pick it up from a book written in a language that on the whole he can't read (the book is in English, William speaks English but can only read and write in French) then so can you.

That goes for you too JanV

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

Guest Finepix

Sorry to hear that Judy, I'm no expert, but if there was something you had in mind but just couldn't get your head round the manual (and we've all been there) give me a shout and I'll try my hardest to help.

Steve It's all getting a tad confusing here so I'll wait for your instructions as to who is next ...

Julia