Editing Fun #1

Steve Randles

Tbell - you really might want to download Gimp and play with it. Cost is zero so nothing lost if you don't like it. Open source software - well written but more of a DIY for the learning piece since not nearly as many 'how to' articles available.

http://www.gimp.org/downloads/

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Newt.

Oh my God, I just put all the edited photos in a file in the correct order and then played it as a slide show. Apart from the original photo being slightly bigger than the others(which I have now altered), the rest looks like the stuff just magically appears! It looks awesome and the geese flying in from one side at the end are particularly effective. TRY IT, IT'S FUN.

Edited by TubularBelle
I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

We have the Challenge thread every two weeks which is organised and following certain criteria and rules that makes people get up of thier backsides and go look for a photograph (I spent two hours yesterday walking up and down a hedgerow looking for a shot - Thanks Julia xxx ).

I thought this would be a fun interactive thing, with no such restrictions and loose rulings. If we find that after a while this whole idea needs some formality adding to it, then people can shout up by all means and discuss it, it is after all your fourm.

TB, I was a little confused looking at your lists of entrants and how that would work, so I think for now we should leave it as a straight forward list, especially as this is still in its infancy. If the feeling is that the picture is getting too cluttered or has too many edits we can look at it again after we have done a few.

Lets just run with it a little.

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Guest Finepix

Steve I'm jealous. I hope you had a fun two hours :D

Sorry Tracy, but I too was confused by your list of 'ideas'. I (personally) think it best to just keep this as it is. And the more people that add the merrier as you never know what's going to happen next. I'd be quite happy to roll the original round again :lol: - just my opinion :unsure:

J

Probably best to use one of your own that avoids any copyright issues if someone is unhappy with their photos being used that way, or send a pm to the owner of the shot for permission. You can use any of mine that I have posted here on AN for the editing thread.

Steve...:)

Edited by Steve Randles

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

No worries, as I said, I was just thinking ahead and not wanting people to think they can't join in because it was gettting too busy thats all. Not sure why my lists confused you tho, I didn't change it, just segmented it, but thats cool.

I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!