Shimano Hyperloop 390 £22.49 - Argos

Hewey

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the quiver tips fixed on this rod? Sounds like a good rod for all round lake fishing but I prefer float fishing and don't want a fixed quiver tip.

Don't think there are any quiver tips with it at all - from the looks of it it's a straight float road

Argos link

Shimano link

Sounds like a brilliant deal though, for a first budget rod or a spare.

Guest Ferret1959
Don't think there are any quiver tips with it at all - from the looks of it it's a straight float road

Argos link

Shimano link

Sounds like a brilliant deal though, for a first budget rod or a spare.

Nice to see this mentioned on Argos advert.

ROD LICENCES.It is a legal requirement to possess a valid Environment Agency Rod Licence when freshwater fishing in England and Wales (unless you are under 12 years old). These are available from all Post Offices. All income from rod licences is spent on protecting and improving fisheries.

OI OI,

it is a good piece of kit for the money only problem is can your son fish a feeder rod cos if you buy a shimano hyperloop once YOU have used it the kid will never get to use it my friend.

like yorkio said worth buying but not as a spare as your FIRST rod & at £22-49 you have got to buy one.

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

er.. 'scuse my ignorance but what is a match rod?

I've got a 12ft feeder rod, and want to get my kid a rod for fishing the Thames (mostly) with me.

Is a match rod ok for this? 22quid seems nice n cheap :)

the match rod is a floatfishing rod,and the shimano hyperloop 390fa [13ft] is a great float rod both as a stickfloat rod and light-medium waggler rod

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

ARGHHH bugger, I bought a couple of these 2-3 years ago for my two lads I paid the princeley sum of £49 each for them wish I'd have waited now. :headhurt:

Have to admit though that aside they have been very good rods, well worth the £49 I paid for them so at £22 their an absolute bargain, in fact I might even buy one for myself. They're very light and very forgiving, my eldest has had several carp on his, during one session, up to 8lb and the rod has handled them very well indeed. Chris my younger son had a double figure carp on his last year while we were fishing at Town Parks Fishery in Devon, sadly he didn't land it as the hook link gave way just as he was about to slide the net under it.

As for their use as a feeder rod on ours there is no provision for adding quiver or swing tips. Although the rod tip itself is sensitive enough to use on its own to register bites.

If the hat's missing

I've gone fishing

... like yorkio said worth buying but not as a spare as your FIRST rod & at £22-49 you have got to buy one.

You'll have to find one first though! There are none left in the Metro Centre or Silverlink Argos's now (I had the last one this morning, although I haven't picked it up yet) although there are apparently some still left in the Newcastle one.

They're not in the catalogues which are out in the shops either, so you'll have to ask them to dig through last year's when you get to the till. Probably much better to order through the Argos website and pick up from wherever near you still has them left.