Shimano Hyperloop 390 £22.49 - Argos

Hewey

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks hewey, i reserved one at prescot liverpool and ive just been down but when i got it home and opened the tube it was a catana ax match, it has full cork handle and looks the business, any info on this rod and is it better than the hyperloop?

Guest Ferret1959

Well what a balls up.

Reserved, went to collect, paid, checked rod due to comment on previous post....................WRONG FECKING ROD.

I already have feeders and din't want another.

Moaned like a guddun cos I'm the worlds best at that and earned myself a five quid gift voucher. :D

Bought a lesser rod but not happy with the deal so taking it back for a refund. :(

Now WMAC here I come. :D

Kev

Sue has already got one and I dont need another Float Rod so I am passing up on a great offer.

We need to meet up again soon and arrange some fishing, anyone fancy an AN Kent Fish in?

Tony

Sounds great Tony, Will pm you soon.

Kevin :sun:

Christmas sorted! We have an Argos and an Argos Xtra in Lowestoft and I bought four!

Certainly not a great rod but nevertheless a good price. Not impressed with the balance/feel of the rod. But then I'm well used to my Shakey Borron Mach Two which is lighter, slimmer and beautifully balanced. But as a guest rod and as a pressy its a great deal!

This deal does tell us two things though. I doubt that Argos are loosing out selling at half price, so at full price we come to the rip off Britain sydrome. It also hightlights the lack of interest in float fishing. My local Angling Direct has a **** poor selection of floats right now, alegedly because no one buys them any longer. We have gone feeder crazy!

Edited by Peter Waller

Hi All,

Just to let you know, tried the rod out yesterday.

For the money I was quite impressed, although I only had carp up to 3.5Lb it seemed to handle them ok, if anything it could do with being a bit more powerful for bigger fish but for £22.49 can't grumble.

I suppose I will only know what it's like when I actually hook something a bit larger but definately a good rod for the money.

Used mine as a trotting rod last night, good for the job. Landed some nice bream, the rod has an excellent curve when under pressure.

Seeing the odd story of Argos messing up the rods given to people ... I bought two of the hyperloops & discovered one of them was a Catana Match AX...c'est la vie!

Argos is stating line strengths of 2-6lb on the hyperloop, and 2-5lb on the Catana.

I'm quite content fishing with 6lb line ... the father in law seems to think he's going to catch Moby Dick!?!?!?

Has anybody got any experience of using heavier line on these rods?

And finally ..... I'm a fan of the Shimano reels .. which is best for light float work, the hyperloop or catana reel?