Downriggers

Guest muttley

Guest muttley

Anyone know anywhere that stocks downriggers? Bustin' to give 'em a try what with the best months for big bass nearly here.

Anyone know anywhere that stocks downriggers? Bustin' to give 'em a try what with the best months for big bass nearly here.

:clap2: Have a look at Mike Concannons Fishing Dartmouth website, his boat is up for sale with the dogs dangly bits for downriggers onboard, imported from the states, he might do a deal or tell you where he got them. :clap2:

Hi Muttley, why don't you improvise first to see if its worth spending the money.

Use a heavey weight (about 10lbs) it will need a fin of some sort to stop it spinning round.

Attach a suitable length of courlene from a handline.

Use a clothes peg and thread the courlene through the spring of the peg, slide the peg down close to the weight and then knot the coulene to stop the peg sliding up or down.

Put your lure into the water, let out the amount of line you want and then put the line in the gripping part of the peg, then lower the weight over the side to the depth you want.

You can adjust the gripping tension of the peg by wrapping an elastic band around the jaws until you are happy with it.

Cost. Next to nothing, and if it works its then worth lashing out :)

HI Muttley - try Advanta angling, a web search should find them. They stock Walker electric downriggers, a bit pricey, but if you are doing a lot, they are the dogs wotsits.

We use them for trolling deadbaits and some rubber lures for reef dwelling carnivores, they take a bit of getting used to. I'm sure they would work well for bass in the right area.

Best of luck - Bob

www.reefcatfishing.com

Hmmm, I have a Cannon downrigger I might sell you !!!!!! brand new too, never seen the water yet !!!!! :D:D Might be too big for you tho....

post-1889-1155769274_thumb.jpg

:sun::sun::sun::sun:

In sleep every dog dreams of food,and I, a fisherman,dream of fish..

Theocritis..

For Fantastic rods,and rebuilds. http://www.alba-rods.co.uk/

You could always buy the line release part separately and then make your own weight and reel. You'd have to mark the line somehow unless you are really good at DIY and can put in a depth counter like the proper ones.

Any Cannon stockist will have the line releases.