Blue Marlins after Days of Thunder

after heavy rainfalls and thunderstorms blowing over the area the last two weeks it looks like we come back to normal this week for the local waters offshore Punta Cana.

so this tuesday august 16th 42ft Bertram Shekinah took a half day charter to target our atlantic Blues and had to pass only one fight for the morning. around 10AM with Mate Chino on the weel Skipper Jose Manuel Mota hooked the first hit of the morning, a blue Marlin taking the small lure running on the long outrigger line on portside, hook set nice and easy in the sword's base and charter client Charles Wells had it's 90 minutes fight on a 30 lbs line, before they released an 200+ blue marlin.

the afternoon of the same day didn't went that bad neither, 2 blue Marlin hits missed to hook within the first 1 1/2 hrs and a 35 minutes fight on the 3rd hit on a 50lbs line to release a blue marlin of max 200lbs. winner of the day been the uncle of Jose Manuel, fishing as the skipper on a private owned boat taking a Blue Marlin of 590 lbs, the biggest one this month so far, fishing 80lbs tackle and fighting 2hrs within several friends.

winds on a 10knots blowing ENE (70') and visibility a 10nmls we hope to stay on that quiet conditions for a while to come back to the rhytm to rock'n'roll on the Blues.

hopefully to be continued

Mike

Mike

Punta Cana

www.MikesMarina.info

IPB Image

release all Billfish so our future kiddies can enjoy our beautiful Sport, too

• 3 weeks later...

Mike sent a reply, but appears to have hit the 'report' button instead :) The text below came through to me:

no no no buddy,

sorry that i missed your reply, but be sure no

angling is a crab.

a bad day fishing anywhere is anyways better than

a good day on work somewhere.

before i hit the caribbean 12 years

ago i knew fishing only from the weekends with grandpa at the rhine

river, never caught something bigger than 7lbs, but for me they've all

been big and beautiful.

everything at it's place.

have fun

Mike

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE