First Fish of 2015

Chris Plumb

I fished after work on NYD, laying on in a slack at the edge of a big pool. First cast, first fish, a hand-sized roach, carried on in much the same vein for the next 3 1/2 hrs, some variation in size, not all roach, didn't care really. Weather was wild, but stood in the river it wasn't too bad at all, very mild, was 11C on arrival and had gone up to 13 by the time I left around 7.

Good fun, couple of nice blokes from Stockport refilled my bait pouch when I ran out of 'gots.

post-20579-0-37152300-1420495257_thumb.jpg

Edited by Latimeria

And mine....well....nearly the first, but it is the same species :D

This was number 11 out of a catch of 18 grayling this morning. Followed on from two biteless hours on the canal when I got bored and shifted venues.

1lb 6oz of slightly blurred grayling...the float is sharply in focus though :wallbash:

16029263318_03952e0cb2_c.jpg

Mine was this roach taken on stick float and flake on Jan 2nd.

HabHQ0v.jpg?1

My blog: http://www.urbanfieldsportsman.com/index.php/chub-and-roach-on-bread-flake-welcome-the-new-year/

Edited by kenj

Trying to forget my first outing this year.

I managed 3 crayfish no other bites river was ok when i arrived but rapidly started rising and turned chocolate within the first hour. Should have cut my losses and left then.

• Like 1

everytime i catch a fish i'm lucky when i blank i'm a hopeless angler.

Can I retract my bleak and have this lovely fat 5-03 chub for my first fish of the year?

A swim where i usually float fish but I thought I'd try quivertipping flake for a change. I never catch more than one chub from this swim and today was no different;

DSCN1247_zps09778728.jpg

DSCN1248_zps8de94412.jpg

• Like 1

It's never a 'six', let's put it back

Nice swim and nice chub, Rusty.

I have yet to wet a line this year, 'cos I was for the first week entertaining rellies from the States, and am now entertaining my first cold for ten years, and the bugger is making up for lost time in that I have been streaming, sneezing and snuffling for the best part of a week.

When I recover, there is a tributary of the upper Medway I have my eye on - very narrow, very overgrown and a three-pound chub is probably the best I can expect, but it is a challenge, as some fellow club members have declared it unfishable.

RNLI Governor

World species 471 : UK species 105 : English species 95 .

Certhia's world species - 215

Eclectic "husband and wife combined" world species 501

"Nothing matters very much, few things matter at all" - Plato

...only things like fresh bait and cold beer...

A Rainbow Trout fishing last weekend with Leon Roskilly.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.