Hunt protestors turn on anglers

dunc85

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought opinion from anglers was that the anti's were not interested in them?

http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.p...55084&st=80

these people are not stupid....they dish out violence in the name of animal welfare......and are the very first to cry when it returns to them....they film everything....so just be aware fellow members they are the ones pointing the cameras and editing the footage to suite there cause...think before you batter one :yeah:

I thought opinion from anglers was that the anti's were not interested in them?

That is what is commonly know as a Pipe Dream

(A fantastic notion or vain hope, as in I'd love to have one home in the mountains and another at the seashore, but that's just a pipe dream. Alluding to the fantasies induced by smoking an opium pipe, this term has been used more loosely since the late 1800s.)

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

In respect of this thread, did anyone see the footage when the A**oles were targetting the "Guinea Pig Farm"?? What a load of wasters!! The ONLY thing that is good enough for people like that is a shot of something !! And I don't mean something like lead either!! Something which is agonsing and hurts, REALLY hurts!!

I really fail to see how ANYONE can condone the actions of these cretins. It is an offence to me to be lumped with them as human beings. And as god is my witness if I found out there wherabouts I would quite honestly do them the service myself. My apologies if this offends anyone. But anyone who can defend them is as raddled as they are and is not someone I wish to discuss anything with, it REALLY makes me sick! the upshot to meis quite simple. There may WELL have been research going on into infant deaths via these creatures deaths, I don't know. But I do know they do NOT die in vain and sorry, but better them than my Grandson!!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

That is what is commonly know as a Pipe Dream

(A fantastic notion or vain hope, as in I'd love to have one home in the mountains and another at the seashore, but that's just a pipe dream. Alluding to the fantasies induced by smoking an opium pipe, this term has been used more loosely since the late 1800s.)

Well, I've been fishing off and on for nearly 50 years and never even seen an angling "anti" on the bank, let alone be hassled by one. Rivers, streams, canals, lakes, puddles. Packed waters and vacant waters. From Kent to Norfolk to Somerset to Staffordshire (never fished further N than that, sorry). Not one sab in sight, ever. I've walked many waters much further afield where plenty of anglers were present. No sabs. Not a sab in sight. Sabless.

I've had far more 'action' from EA and AA bailiffs, which - according to many here - is quite a thing ;)

Bleeding heart liberal pinko, with bacon on top.

Well, I've been fishing off and on for nearly 50 years and never even seen an angling "anti" on the bank, let alone be hassled by one. Rivers, streams, canals, lakes, puddles. Packed waters and vacant waters. From Kent to Norfolk to Somerset to Staffordshire (never fished further N than that, sorry). Not one sab in sight, ever. I've walked many waters much further afield where plenty of anglers were present. No sabs. Not a sab in sight. Sabless.

I've had far more 'action' from EA and AA bailiffs, which - according to many here - is quite a thing ;)

I've seen it up here Glenn. On one occasion my brother and I were parking at a length on the Wharfe. There was just one other car there, a Fiesta, it had wing mirrors and wipers pulled off, aerial ripped off, paint work scratched with CAA down the side, and dents in it. At first we thought it had been abandoned, but when we went down to the river I spoke to the only angler I could see, he was just tackling up. It was his car, and he had only left it about 20 mins before. Obviously we all ran back to the vehicles, and went somewhere else. It's a few years ago, but there were quite a few reports of sabbing at the time, even kids being harassed on the local cut. I've had a few 'verbals' with people on the canal and a local lake, but no violence.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

I've seen it up here Glenn. On one occasion my brother and I were parking at a length on the Wharfe. There was just one other car there, a Fiesta, it had wing mirrors and wipers pulled off, aerial ripped off, paint work scratched with CAA down the side, and dents in it. At first we thought it had been abandoned, but when we went down to the river I spoke to the only angler I could see, he was just tackling up. It was his car, and he had only left it about 20 mins before. Obviously we all ran back to the vehicles, and went somewhere else. It's a few years ago, but there were quite a few reports of sabbing at the time, even kids being harassed on the local cut. I've had a few 'verbals' with people on the canal and a local lake, but no violence.

Fair enough and I don't mean to play down that bad experience, but how many actual "events" would that represent as a %age of your many days of angling?

Maybe I've been unusually lucky. I've had more "verbals" on the canal than I would actually like, but every single one was just passing the time of day or discussing how the fishing was going.

Just trying to get this impending "threat" into some kind of proportion here ;)

cheers

About as likely Glen as a visit from a bailiff I reckon! :blink:

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

About as likely Glen as a visit from a bailiff I reckon! :blink:

Funnily enough Chris, I reckon I must be unlucky with bailiffs.

Leaving aside certain club lakes where you nearly always get AA bailiffed, I recall I've had 4 EA and 3 AA bailiffings in the last 3 years while out on rivers and canals.

Is that a lot? I've been surprised that some people here say they never see a bailiff.

Maybe my general untrustworthiness just wafts across the fields and attracts them ? :)

lot of mixed messages here, its easy to say walk away and dont resolve to violence but thats what the woman done, she walked away and she still got attacked so its hard to say what to do, i always take a bank stick with me regardles if i need it that day or not as i fish my local canal and have ran into a-holes wanting fights and i always move on but the bank stick is always easy to pull out of my umbrella ready to defend myself.

bank stick is a good way to defend yourself than using a knife/machette as its one of our tools we use almost every session and is always at hand and the police wont have a problem with self defense given that your out trying to have a peacful days fishing when some smackhead starts there crap

Owner of Tacklesack.co.uk

Moderator at The-Pikers-Pit.co.uk