censorship

uncle nester

It is sad that a legimate view I posted has been removed as it was considered by the administration to be a personal attack on a fellow board member. My intention was not to undermine the individual concerned but to highlight the inconsistecies in his arguement for conservation.

To the individual I apologise if I offended him, to the board administration I,m diappointed in the cronismn that exists here, big brother is here.

Will I be able to read this message or replies..............

I,ll see.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It is sad that a legimate view I posted has been removed as it was considered by the administration to be a personal attack on a fellow board member. My intention was not to undermine the individual concerned but to highlight the inconsistecies in his arguement for conservation.

To the individual I apologise if I offended him, to the board administration I,m diappointed in the cronismn that exists here, big brother is here.

I,ll see.

No m8 big brother is on tv not on here :lol::lol:

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

uncle nester,

It was me who reported your posts to the mods and not them taking arbitory actions.

The reasons for doing so were that the posts were 100% off topic and seemed to be a personal attack on someone I know well and in my opinion were completely unfounded arguements.

The moderators are there to see that board users are not offended by anything they read and when a post is reported they read the report and take any action they see as necessary. In this case I was the one offended. I dont see this as a big brother syndrome more as them acting as arbitrators when someone reading the board is offended by a particular post. The world would be a lawless place without someone prepared to stand in judgement when needed, a thankless task as from what I see every time they take any kind of action they are criticised for it.

On this board it is very rare for the moderators to get involved with any thread which is what makes Anglers net a pleasant place to hold discussions.

Dave

Save Our Sharks Member

www.save-our-sharks.org

Dear friends, (any colour, any religion, any sex.) I do hope that my posting here does not offend anyone. This is due to my crass ignorance as I thought forums were there for the frank exchange of views.

I most humbly beg of you to accept my deepest apologies!

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

I,ll see.

its life mate ,in an ideal world everyone would agree with everything everyone says ,

luckily its not!!! having had a few posts of my own disappear over the years i have always remembered that other veiws exist :D

its a pity that posts are reported and a pity the reportee doesent first post his reasons he disagrees with the post but in many cases (no posters mentioned personally or implied in this post) they for some reason cannot either post a reasoned contradiction or they just react to the words posted blindly picking on a few words rather than the complete post and its meaning :(

the mods are here to maintain balance but its a pity some posts are deleted merely because in the background someone shouts loud enough .

some good posts on here have had some very un-pc remarks in them but luckily the mods in some cases realise theres time being un-pc is fine ,being blatantly personal though is different .

you win some you lose some thats it ,dry those tears theres always another day :clap:

some people will NEVER see their in fault and you can point out each part of their post pointing out it was them ,its just blindness on their part and ofcourse as they cannot see this they go through life seeing only what they want not how it is. black is always black even when its white (mr blair springs to mind).

carry on posting the barstewards havent ground me down yet :thumbs:

and if you imply chesters1 is a crony and report this post i will tell Elton ...NOT ;)

p.s you can tell that youve hit a nerve when you get death threats by email ,even stranger your posting always seems to get the highest number of members onboard ,so even the threats are worth it :clap2:

anyone getting their blood boiling enough to report a post should really either get a life or watch tv for a while ,its just words on a monitor not some bloke in your front hall with a bit of 4x2 . :rolleyes:

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

just going slightly off track from the topic, im new to this forum, and someone earlier mentioned the big brother thing. i have been on other forums as we probably all have. but every post comes up it will be checked by a moderator. while i agree with censorship to a degree. the delay in post going onto the board seems to take quite a while. i may come home from work around 7, going fishing in the morning, would like some advice, but by the time the post goes on the board i have often gone to bed, is this because im new to forum or does this happen to every one. many thanks

woman want me, fish fear me

once you make a few more posts you may realise its not that black and errr black.

the posters posts ,

the moderators mod

,posters get upset at a post and call mods ,

mods mod when posters get upset ,

mods mod incase posters get upset.

mods mod prematurely thinking posts may get upsetting

posters post posts blaming mods because they didnt get upset and worry what the fuss was about

posters post hoping others will get upset then sit back and watch.

and mods post posts telling upsetting posters they upset posters with their posts .

posters get upset with mods because they dont consider their post upsetting and get upset with mods moderating their posts.

posters get upset about mods modding other posters posts that to them were harmless and in doing so upset mods

and some posters post complaints and between them and the mods post posts and mods mod till the topic is deleted (and the poster gets their way over something they dont agree with but the mod didnt see anything harmfull in).

others post posts in responce to posts hoping the topics deleted.

some posters post things that definately will get deleted so they can post about the mods mods anyway

the only certain thing in life is death.

:D

i hope that makes it clear.

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

s-mac - after you have made 15 posts, your account becomes fully functional with your posts appearing when you make them and your PM facility functional.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President