Photo Challenge #20: Sports

Steve Randles

Your Judge for this challenge is n4lly, I have posted this on his behalf

Theme Definition: Sports

Description: Darts in the pub?, pool, snooker. Ladies playing tennis maybe, kids in the park (IF they are YOUR kids or you have full permission of ALL participants) jumpers for goal posts.

The premier league starts tomorrow, village cricket, golf, motor sport. It's all there, point click, try and think

of an angle

Criteria.

* Color or B&W photo

* Crop, Contrast/Brightness and levels are only done in digital photo manipulation..Further editing is discouraged

* Framing is not allowed

* 2 entries maximum/person

* 500 - 700 pixels length down the longest edge of the photograph, 150KB maximum file size

Your posts must include the following information:

Title:

Date:

Camera Used:

Photographer:

Where possible please also include your EXIF header (if you know what one is) to help check dates.

Open Period.

Open period is from 11.59pm Saturday, August 19th, 2006 Deadline: Sat September 2nd, 2006 Midnight GMT. All images must be shot and posted within the "open" period

If you have any questions please post them on this thread http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=55943 this keeps this thread easy to view because it just contains entries.

Have fun and good luck to all!

=============

Challenge Rules

=============

New Photos Only

The competition is only for photos taken during the "open period" as defined in the Challenge announcement. You may post only two entries in each Challenge, and you may also replace with newer version anytime before the end of the challenge.

Photo size & dimension

Photo should be limited to a max dimension of 700 pixel for the longest dimension, and the file size to be less than 150KB in JPG/jpg format.

If the photo needs to be replaced by newer version, you can do so by clicking Edit.

Presentation & Content

Entries should provide, the title, the date the photo was taken, and the author.

Frames are NOT allowed.

Digital manipulations

All entries should limit the use of digital manipulations to only file conversion, level, curve and sharpening. Adding elements to the original image that were not there are NOT allowed.

Voting & Comments

During the "open period", please do NOT enter the comments in the thread, this way we will have all the entries together without interruption and it's easy to view. Comments are welcomed during the voting period.

The Judge will select the top three finalists' work to include in the Poll for all members to vote on.

VOTING will follow after the end of Challenge, for one week only. Registering multiple user accounts to vote is not allowed.

In the event of a tie, the judge will make a decision between the tied finalists.

Chief Judge

The winner of current Bi-weekly Challenge will serve as the Judge for the challenge after the next, for example, the winner of Challenge #1 will be the Judge for Challenge #3.

By entering the Challenge, members agree to grant anglersnet.co.uk a perpetual non-exclusive world-wide royalty-free license to modify, publish and reproduce that material for the purpose of operating, displaying, distributing and promoting anglersnet.co.uk. However, anglersnet.co.uk will not use Your materials without attributing them to You, without Your agreement.

Failing to comply with these rules will automatically disqualify the entry.

===================

END OF CHALLENGE RULES

===================

All of the above is proven to stop abuse, unfortunately even when NO prizes are offered, some will still try pull the wool over peoples eyes and win for winnings sake

Remember any questions....ask them here http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=55943

Good Luck!!!

Edited by Steve Randles

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

The Favourite Aussie Sport.

Taken Aug 19th, 2006

by TubularBelle

Sony DSC P100

GreatAussieSport.jpg

Edited by TubularBelle
I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

motorsport

I did pm BikerIan and informed him that his entries where not eligible to be entered in the challenge, they where good entries but unfortnately outside of the challenge rules in the time they where taken. I had hoped he would replace them.

Both entries disqualified, taken outside of Challenge period

Edited by Steve Randles

Golf Peninsula style

Photo by Clifftop

Image Description = 3.1M DigitalCAM

Date Time = 2006-08-23 11:48:15

Exposure Time = 1/256"

F Number = F5

ISO Speed Ratings = 70

Max Aperture Value = F4.1

Focal Length = 5.8mm

photocomp002-1.jpg

Unusual Tee photo by Clifftop

Image Description = 3.1M DigitalCAM

Date Time = 2006-08-23 11:50:10

Exposure Time = 1/332"

F Number = F5

ISO Speed Ratings = 70

Max Aperture Value = F6.1

Focal Length = 13.84mm

photocomp003.jpg

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

Entry No1

"Kite Surfing"

KS1.jpg

Model = Canon EOS DIGITAL REBEL

Date Time = 2006-08-24 18:42:28

Exposure Time = 1/1600"

F Number = F5.6

ISO Speed Ratings = 400

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Guest franticfisherman2

entry 1. photo by Frantic, taken 26.08.06. Camera, Minolta E323

"Windermere Racer"

webpict8060fixedih5.jpg

entry 2. details as above.

"The Thrills of Ferox Fishing"

webpict8037cropec3.jpg

"Out for a Ride"

Tour8001.jpg

Pic by Den Darkin

2/9/2006

Nikon 8800

Edited by poledark

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Closed for entries

But open for discussion, comments and other photographs taken outside of the challenge rules or period.

Well done to all, a poll vote will be started soon.

Steve...:)

Focal Planet

Some very good shots in the challenge so well done all and i look forward to seeing the final three put to the vote :)

cant help but notice that there was not as many entrants in to the challenge as we have had in the past so i hope thats down to peeps being on holiday or not being able to get out and grab some snaps rather then people losing interest.

Keep the great pics coming and I'm looking forward to the Bridge challenge.

Cheers

Ollie.

You can view my photo album @.... olliejays photo album