Photo Challenge #20: Sports

Steve Randles

cant help but notice that there was not as many entrants in to the challenge as we have had in the past so i hope thats down to peeps being on holiday or not being able to get out and grab some snaps rather then people losing interest.

Cheers

Ollie.

Yea, had noticed that too Ollie. We didnt get any good sproty shots only because we didnt get a chance to go out and see a match. I hope that was the case with others too. I'm really looking forward to the Bridge comp now. I think it'll be great.

Cheers..........HB

rb_getcreative.gif

Well done to all those who've entered.

As Ollie & HB have mentioned there aren't so many entries this time, but there are some quality shots for n4lly to choose from.

I was expecting a few fishing shots to be entered for this challenge.

As for me, I had hoped to get a shot of the Tour of Britain bike race when stage 2 visited town - but as posted elsewhere I missed out due to work. Other than that I've just not come across any sports events & the recent crappy weather hasn't helped so I missed out.

Must try harder to get a bridge shot.

I managed to take over 100 pics of some model truck racing on a dull rainy day, with a 480mm lens. The best I can say about them was dull, uninspiring and boring, thats why I didn't enter. I deleted the lot and started again, and still got no where, but thats life!

I've an idea for the bridge comp, its just finding the opourtunity now.

If all else fails, follow the intructions.

the difficulty for me will be avoiding the obvious, I work on Newcastle Quayside, I can see 3 spectaculour bridges from my office.

then I'll have to re learn how to host them.

has anyone got the link for imageshack?

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY

the difficulty for me will be avoiding the obvious, I work on Newcastle Quayside, I can see 3 spectaculour bridges from my office.

then I'll have to re learn how to host them.

has anyone got the link for imageshack?

Links for image hostiing are in the "Link Vault" ...pinned at the top of the forum...

This Bridge?

NE7.jpg

or this Bridge?

NE4.jpg

:yahoo::yahoo:

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Hey who stole our Sydney Harbour Bridge?

Yeh shame there were such few entries, but it was a more challenging subject and the pressure was on more than usual to provide a top of the range entry so anyone after a certain thread who would have entered a more light hearted entry was probably put off and the more serious entries were just too difficult to get in that time frame. Sorry to see BikerIan didn't enter anything else. We wanted to go to the Royal Show yesterday to photograph the Wood Chopping event which is awesome to watch, amongst other things but it is so expensive to get in and we don't usually go as a rule because of the costs. Also would have been interesting (not that I would have entered it, but then again) to have gone on the Friday night which was Opening Night because our poor female human cannon ball missed her landing pad and had to be rushed off to hospital.

I think Bridges will get a lot more entries, who doesn't love Bridges and the small creaky quirky ones are just as interesting as the super large architecturally designed ones. Should be fun. Now I'll just go chat to the weatherman!

I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

Thanks guys,

I've taken a couple of back up shots with the finepix from my office window, got some more interesting targets with the 350D (just arrived, no card yet so can't play)

phil,

JOIN ANMC TODAY