Rod and Reel

banjo7

Hi,

I was wondering can people recommend a new Rod and Reel for more. It is for fishing Fisheries.

It needs to be a general Coarse fishing rod and i would like a 12 ft rod.

I have a budget of £150 for the Rod and Reel combined.

Can nobody suggest anything for this lad? I don't take my coarse fishing as serious as some on here so I'm not really up on what's hot for fisheries. Surely someone has a rough idea? The last time I chose one, for a mate, I had the chance to pick it up and feel it etc. but that was a while back. If you can still find this rod, I'd get it because it was a steal IMHO.

This was the post I made about it.

"I chose the Leeda 12ft Concept Carp Match Rod for a mate who was looking for an allround float rod. Money wasn't an object and we looked at several rods costing upto £100 and this one came out as the best choice. It was only £29.99 at the time. I've used the rod several times and it is a joy to use.

I found one online for £22.99, which I reckon is virtually throwing it away. It really is a nice rod and I couldn't see anyone having a problem with it in their hands"

¤«Thʤ«PÔâ©H¤MëíTë®»¤

Click HERE for in-fighting, scrapping, name-calling, objectional and often explicit behaviour and cakes. Mind your tin-hat

Click HERE for Tench Fishing World forums

Playboy.jpg

LandaPikkoSig.jpg

"I envy not him that eats better meat than I do, nor him that is richer, or that wears better clothes than I do. I envy nobody but him, and him only, that catches more fish than I do"

...Izaac Walton...

"It looked a really nice swim betwixt weedbed and bank"

...Vagabond...

Can nobody suggest anything for this lad? I don't take my coarse fishing as serious as some on here so I'm not really up on what's hot for fisheries. Surely someone has a rough idea? The last time I chose one, for a mate, I had the chance to pick it up and feel it etc. but that was a while back. If you can still find this rod, I'd get it because it was a steal IMHO.

This was the post I made about it.

"I chose the Leeda 12ft Concept Carp Match Rod for a mate who was looking for an allround float rod. Money wasn't an object and we looked at several rods costing upto £100 and this one came out as the best choice. It was only £29.99 at the time. I've used the rod several times and it is a joy to use.

I found one online for £22.99, which I reckon is virtually throwing it away. It really is a nice rod and I couldn't see anyone having a problem with it in their hands"

Sadly i`m just getting back into fishing so know very little. On the recommendation of some others on another forum i bought the Abu Esprit 13ft match road that got 50 out of 50 in the IYCF Magazine review. But it`s only £40. I then went for a Shakespeare Mach 2 rear Drag reel from the same online company (Mullarkeys) which cost £20. An absolute bargain I reckon but if you have more money then I suspect you probably want to go for something a bit better. Good luck though. There`s so much choice out there its hard to know where to start!