Brazil nuts for carp

Anderoo

I didn't get to try them in the end. I was late getting there and didn't have enough time to tie up new hooklengths before it got dark so I had one rod on a single grain of fake maize and the other on half a fishmeal boilie, both with little pva bags of pellet, dropped in the marginal weed. No carp but loads of tench, all on the maize. The boilie soaked away all night without a touch, and when I changed it to fake maize in the morning before I had to leave for work, 15 minutes later another tench!

Next time I'll give the nuts a go - I've still got a good feeling about them.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Brazil’s have worked very well for me on a number of waters and in most cases have out-fished tigers. I used to fish half a Brazil on the hair, and then chew up about 10 to a pulp and spit into a tub of hemp so there was loads of white bits, then just fish the hookbait over the top.

I think half of the draw with Brazils is the bright white colour, I used to fish them on a lake with a very black silty bottom and during one particular year every single fish I had came to a Brazil where others were failing on boilies.

I always have a bag with me as they can often provoke a response when all else fails. Until last week both my PB mirror and common came from Brazils – definitely worth a go!

Cheers…

Jules

Mild Mannered Carp Angler By Day…

Read My Blog:Here! View My Gallery: Here!

www.NorthWestcarp.co.uk Home of the Northern Monkey!

Cheers Julian, that is encouraging. Boilies are hugely overfished there and only seem to interest the tench, so I was planning to use a scattering of chopped nuts (various types) and hemp and fish single hookbaits in the margins.

Well done on your Wingham haul! Another couple of PBs to add to Steves ridiculously long list of AN personal bests :D

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I didn't get to try them in the end. I was late getting there and didn't have enough time to tie up new hooklengths before it got dark so I had one rod on a single grain of fake maize and the other on half a fishmeal boilie, both with little pva bags of pellet, dropped in the marginal weed. No carp but loads of tench, all on the maize. The boilie soaked away all night without a touch, and when I changed it to fake maize in the morning before I had to leave for work, 15 minutes later another tench!

Next time I'll give the nuts a go - I've still got a good feeling about them.

If you can't beat them, join them :D . Sounds like you had a good time with the tench though.

You did better than me, I blanked :(

just got back from yearly trip to DAWLISH IN DEVON, not allowed nuts or bollies, found it best to keep it simple, fished bread, l.meat, halibut pellet, all on float, feeding 6mm hallibut pellets, landed plenty of carp and bream, also lost loads, hook pulls and getting smashed twice, always find it best to keep it simple, had my 23lb 12oz on float fished bread last year, although I do use bollies when at home in middlesex.

the regular nuts you can buy in a packet in your local newsagent

Not local so can't be sure but what we are talking about is the large elongated nut meat - pure white and pretty solid.

Maybe better if you can find them to get the ones still in the shell. Hard, dark brown shell and they last just this side of forever until you open the shell.

You will need some sort of a nutcracker though. Those shells are tough and slightly flexible so can be sorta tough to crack without smashing the meat.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

S mac, most health food shops sell them (and sometimes the broken ones) Yes they are the normal brazils suitable for human consumption.

They are very effective over a silty bottom as they sink fairly slowly, they are tiddler proof so stay there until found by the carp. Ideal for prebaiting a spot or two...bit like tigers :)

Never had a bream or tench on them either :)

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Thanks for all the info on the nuts, will give them a try, now i know what im looking for. got couple of things im going to try tomorrow, fresh prawns, mussels, and the bread items metioned earlier.

i fish a canal in the morning, i know there is carp there, but whether they are around where i will be fishing.

so will fish the pole for my silvers and put a carp rod rod with the above mentioned.

have spent last few days baiting, fished for a couple hours this morning and had some nice roach on corn.

will let you all know how i get on tomorrow night.

thanks smac

woman want me, fish fear me