Korum Digital scale problem

grayson

Pleased with these which I have had a year. But they are now behaving strangely , a week or so after replacing battery. Display is bright and clear BUT when I put the weigh bag and fish on hook after turning on I get 0.00 or a random weight in ounces . Only after I remove bag does a plausible weight appear- 4-10 or whatever. I carry a set of old fashioned ones too and the plausible weight is correct .

What is happening and how do I get them just to display the weight when I am weighing ?

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This kind of erratic and unpredictable behaviour is why I gave up on digis. If you have to carry a reliable set of dial scales as backup, why not just leave the digis at home...?

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

I might do so; this is the first time I have owned them and I was 'being prepared'. In the absence of a response saying 'just press button B and they will work perfectly for ever' it'll be back to the Reuben Heatons (or any other recommendations - I need something compact and light )

Edited by grayson

Would prefer non digital super samson if you dont mind the 4 & 8oz divisions(sure its 4 then 8 ?). Digitals are a waist of money imo they always screw up at some point early on it seems.

Dunno - had the Fox ones for (I think) nigh-on nine years now, without a hitch. The batteries are still the same set of Duracells that went into it when it was taken from the box, and they are superbly accurate ... have them tested every year or so as a freebie by a mate in the trade and they've never needed any form of adjustment or recalibration in all that time!

Would prefer non digital super samson if you dont mind the 4 & 8oz divisions(sure its 4 then 8 ?). Digitals are a waist of money imo they always screw up at some point early on it seems.

I've had very cheap Ron Thompson digitals for 5+ years now and never had a problem with them, they've been dropped in the water, left out on my unhooking mat overnight in rain/frosty conditions and still going strong, weighed my suitcase with them last night and then checked it on our scales at work this morning and they are nigh on perfect

http://www.basingengineering.co.uk/

Instagram: mrmjv88