Korum Digital scale problem

grayson

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they are newish, is there a guarantee. Have you contacted the manufacturers for their advice

The two best times to go fishing are when it's raining and when it's not

Theres no denying theres more topics about digis going wrong than there are dials/spring etc.

And how many of the spring/dial types are accurate against a given weight, especially al lower weights.

I believe you would be surprised at how many aren't accurate !!

And how many of the spring/dial types are accurate against a given weight, especially al lower weights.

I believe you would be surprised at how many aren't accurate !!

Temperature effects them as well.

As for the digi ones theres not really any moving parts so little to go wrong but i would inspect the battery compartment first and clean up the contacts other than thats its most probably a dry joint or damaged strain gauge

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

The Salter electro sampsons are great digitals. I have a set of 22lb which I had checked at a recent Tenchfishers meeting and they were found to be spot on to the nearest quarter of an ounce. I had mine checked at 4/8/11lb. Some of the non digitals didn't fare too well including the much vaunted Reuben Heatons......

I seem to recall that the Korum digitals came out quite well so I'm guessing that the batteries purchased were dodgy. I always get my batteries from high turnover stores i.e. supermarkets.

Non digital's for me. They may only be good for the nearest ounce or half ounce, but in 20 odd years of using the same set they have never had a duff or flat battery, a dry joint or got damp and have never given out wild weights when I've most needed them not to.

Sadly I may never catch a 22lb chub.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

I would love to but unfortunately the market for fishing books seems to have contracted hugely - and most people seem only prepared to pay peanuts or to download material free . Unless you are that whooping and hollering idiot Robson Green that is . Sour grapes, moi ? I am doing the odd magazine article but now write much more about my other passion - motor sport.