Our Little Sunbird

Bobj

Got this little tacker nesting next to the front door. He is helping mum do the cleaning. I believe there are a couple of bubs in there, as well. :yeah:

105854.jpg

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Wow, that is close to your front door, seems like a high traffic area and it doesn't look all that sturdilly attached either, do you think they could be first time parents?

I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

Beautiful bird.

Paul

A baby, innit? :)

Spot on, mate. You'll have to learn a bit of "stryne" ;);)

Tubularbelle, they have nested for the past 3 years around the house and their nests are extremely strong for the 'look' of them. I saw the female (all yellow chest) spend 3 days trying to undo one of her old nests to get the softer material for lining to do the present nest up.

This next pic is of their bubs of 3 years ago, inside the boat shed.

post-8845-1156537805_thumb.jpg

Edited by Bobj

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

Yeh the nest looks very strong and sturdy, I was just looking at the part that is attached to the tree. Not first timers then, are they the same adults coming back each year or do you think the babies take over the nest and have their own babies.

I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

Got this little tacker nesting next to the front door. He is helping mum do the cleaning. I believe there are a couple of bubs in there, as well. :yeah:

105854.jpg

Hey Bob, I've just tried lightening your photo up so we can get a proper look at your Sunbird - I hope you don't mind. I can't do much with it because of the reduced file size used for posting on here & the image has become quite noisy, but I'll gladly have a go at the original for you if you want, here goes: -

105854.jpg

Hey Bob, I've just tried lightening your photo up so we can get a proper look at your Sunbird - I hope you don't mind. I can't do much with it because of the reduced file size used for posting on here & the image has become quite noisy, but I'll gladly have a go at the original for you if you want, here goes: -

No problems, mate, only had a few seconds before he flew away.

TubularBelle, the parents kick the young out and that's it for them. The young have to find their own territory. Mums and dads the world over, hey?? ;)

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.

• 8 months later...

Dear old dad has come back to check out a new nesting site.

Please, can anyone enhance the following picture? Sammy, the sunbird was moving as I snapped off a few shots, this is the best :(

Cheeky385.jpg

Edited by Bobj

ocker-anim.gifROO.gif

Cheers, Bobj.