Which quick errect Brolly/Bivvy for £100.

Hewey

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I used a Nash Oval since they first came out in 88 but recently got a JRC Dave Lane Brolly.Its a pram hood type set up and beats the old oval hands down.Do a search on this board for bivvies and also AN's own bivvy reveiw site loads of pictures,comparrisons and info about bivvies and brollies.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Dave Lane STI Brolly, awsome kit and if you shop around you'll get it for just under a ton!!! I've been using mine all Summer and cant fault it. Has sooooooo much room inside you can usually stash all of y'kit underneath and keep everything safe and dry.

One good reason to do something is better than a thousand bad excuses not to.

I had a TFG Force 8 bovvy , used it twice and a joint arm broke, used the replacement one once, one of the poles splintered, replaced it with the Trakker a Lite,loads of room and it packs down into a brolley pouch which goes into my rod holdall. Much easier to carry.

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

Dave Lane STI Brolly for me, you can't beat it

Just returned from a 2 night session with my new Trakker A lite, there was a serious storm ,thunder and lightening etc. It absolutely chucked it down for hours. Not a single drop of rain in the bivvy. Totally waterproof, easy to erect and carry as well.

An angler is a man who spends rainy days sitting around on muddy banks doing nothing because his wife won't let him do it at home.

Did you weather the bivvy before using it. The mix of cotton and man made fibres means they all shrink at different rates and sometimes this can cause leaking along the seams. Fox supply seam sealant with all their bivvies so it might be an idea to hose your new shelter down in the garden first to see what happens. Just a thought. Sorry if you've already been here.

Day sessions? I use a 45-inch standard brolly from Argos; about £15. Proofed with Nyloproof, I think it's called. It won't suit those to whom "looking the part" is important, but for those who merely require a sunshade/wind-break/rain-shelter, and don't care about their bankside "cred", it's ideal. Can be dismantled in seconds, too, so doesn't inhibit me from moving swims. And because it's cheap, I don't worry about forcing it in small gaps where it gets raked by thorns, etc.