Hogsmill River

martinchick

• 1 year later...

>>Used to be plenty of carp around where it joins the Thames in Kingston... <<

pike too!.....you may also have heard recently that at least one of RDAA's nice mirror's from Whistley Mill (Twyford, Berks) has turned up in an EA electrofishing survey at Kingston Bridge....apparenty displlaced by the recent floods...how many locks has that had to swim through i wonder....

tight lines all <')Andy<

>>Used to be plenty of carp around where it joins the Thames in Kingston... <<

pike too!.....you may also have heard recently that at least one of RDAA's nice mirror's from Whistley Mill (Twyford, Berks) has turned up in an EA electrofishing survey at Kingston Bridge....apparenty displlaced by the recent floods...how many locks has that had to swim through i wonder....

tight lines all <')Andy<

...and chub!

Those carp get everywhere, that's amazing. I wonder where all the Oxford carp will end up eventually, if if they'll just keep motoring up and down the river rather than settling in one particular area. I suppose because individual carp are so recognisable, it's almost as if they're tagged - it's quite easy to track their movements.

I always wanted to fish the Hogsmill but it was too towny for me. If I'd have had a boat on the Thames it would have been a different story...

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

In a boat you'd only get about 50 yards up the Hogsmill from the Thames till you get to Clattern Bridge (High Street). You'd get some funny looks too. It's only a couple of feet deep from there upstream.

Anyone know anything about the Ember (or the Ember Relief Channel) in Thames Ditton?

In a boat you'd only get about 50 yards up the Hogsmill from the Thames till you get to Clattern Bridge (High Street). You'd get some funny looks too. It's only a couple of feet deep from there upstream.

Anyone know anything about the Ember (or the Ember Relief Channel) in Thames Ditton?

Whoops, yes I meant to fish the Thames where the Hogsmill enters. I've seen loads of good fish there.

And those who were seen dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music

• 5 months later...
Was wondering if anyone has ever fished on the Hogsmill river running through Ewell, worcester park, new malden and kingston? It's pretty grim near its source but gets pretty big towards the Thames with some nice looking patches. It's quite channelled, lots of concrete. But the Wandle's made a real comeback. Any info would be great.

Ive seen a few carp, pike, and zander where the hogsmill enters the thames, i've also caught two 6lb bream from there, furhter up next to the renault garage ive caught a 5lb barbel and alot of chub up to 4lb. In other places, i've caught two barbel, one 7lb and one 9lb, and had chub up to 6lb. Further up next to the swan pub I've caught two chub both 4lb and alot of 2lb roach, oposite the university I've caught a 6lb barbel and alot of chub. In Berrylands I've caught goldfish up to 2lb, and I've seen a good carp there easily 20lb+. I must say the Hogsmill is on a real decrease in fishing because of Polish not returning the fish and people not looking after the fish. I hope this helps you.

• 8 months later...

Was in Kingston yesterday and saw a school/shoal of lovely fish (Chub I think) above the bridge (by the police station??, the hight street). I counted over 25 fish up to around 4 pounds, I guess they were going to spawn?

Thanks to this thread, I managed to find the name of the river, as it is not labelled on google earth. Well worth a look. Last time I was in Kingston (my first time, I looked off the bridge, saw three nice sized fish and then looked up on the large town hall building and saw the logo for Kingston ...with 3 fish on the logo - very freaky! (though probably atlantic salmon?)

• 6 months later...

I was recently walking along the hogmill in ewell around beggars hill. There are a couple of

bits there where its more like pond and i saw 3 or 4 good sized fish at least 5or 6lb. not sure of the species but anyway. there is kind of a park a bit further down and the are some quite nice healthy sections of river. So my question is, now i know there are some fish about, are you aloud to fish here??

cheers ;)