Camera Required

Gaz51

My daughter will soon be embarking on a photography course at College.

As part of the course she is required to have:

A digital camera (4 megapixel+)

Memory card (64mb+)

Rechargeable batteries and charger

Memory stick (128mb+)

Ideally if all the above came as an outfit would be good.

Could anybody please give me any advice or recommendations on good packages.

I'm buying so obviously I don't wish to spend a fortune, what sort of price would I be looking at? I'm very worried!!! :(

I think firstly you need to find whats actually invoved in the course, how far this camera has got to go. For example she may need an slr or just a point and shoot, both vary in price.

Does the college have the course syllabus online for us to view? This would make it easier to find the correct camera.

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

For a review site giving recommendations specifically for students go to http://www.imaging-resource.com/WB/WB.HTM?view=dp_student BTW, one of the recommendations, the Canon Powershot A610, is excellent for fishing and very reasonably priced!

Steve makes a very good point. Other recommendations include compacts with long zooms and SLRs, but obviously these are more expensive.

For price comparisons see http://www.pricerunner.co.uk

7 Day Shop are doing memory cards and other accessories at silly prices. For instance a 128mB memory card for an incredible £4.99. Go to http://www.7dayshop.com/catalog/default.ph...amp;&page=2

Edited by Steve Burke

Wingham Specimen Coarse & Carp Syndicates www.winghamfisheries.co.uk Beautiful, peaceful, little fished gravel pit syndicates in Kent with very big fish. 2017 Forum Fish-In Sat May 6 to Mon May 8. Articles http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/steveburke.htm Index of all my articles on Angler's Net

There are some great special offers about at the moment and you should depending on your camera choice be able to buy that kit for around £200.

I'm not sure if you would get them in a kit but certainly from the one shop.

Good luck.

Edited by medwaygreen

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

Hi Steve.

Not much info available unfortunately. I'm just looking at a piece of paper which gives a (very) brief rundown of the course.

Entitled AS Photography.

I don't think an SLR is required, judging by the info a point and shoot would be adequate as the bumf encourages students to begin to carry their camera every where they go, you never know when a photographic moment might occur (how very true)

Sorry I cannot be more specific. :(

AS Photography Details

From the above site:

The student should ideally be familiar with SLR camera techniques e.g. exposure control, composition. Black and white printing and digital imaging will be covered.

Let us know if you can get any more info Gaz

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

Thanks very much guys.

At present she's a bit unsure of what camera she requires. The details given by the college were very sketchy indeed!

I think I'll have to lend her my own "underspec" point and shoot digi until she finds out from her tutor what she really requires. I'll come back for suggestions and recommendations when I have this information.

Once again, thanks for your replies chaps. :)