Scotty rod holders

RayJ

Hi,

Do any of you guys use the scotty rod holders with the deck mount on a P13.If so can you tell me which one you would recommend for use with a multiplier and a fixed spool.Also, when the rods are in the holder, how sturdy is it.Does the holder move around much, is it rickety(sp) ?

Thanks,

Ray

Hi,

Do any of you guys use the scotty rod holders with the deck mount on a P13.If so can you tell me which one you would recommend for use with a multiplier and a fixed spool.Also, when the rods are in the holder, how sturdy is it.Does the holder move around much, is it rickety(sp) ?

Thanks,

Ray

Hi ray,

I have been using the Powerlock rod holder and find it very sturdy indeed and that is using the mount that sits on top on your deck and not inside. I have used it with fixed spool and multipliers with no problems at all with no movement and that is being fixed on a Prowler 15.

I do have a spare one for sale with mount if you are interested?

ChrisW

Edited by ChrisW

Hi ray,

I have been using the Powerlock rod holder and find it very sturdy indeed and that is using the mount that sits on top on your deck and not inside. I have used it with fixed spool and multipliers with no problems at all with no movement and that is being fixed on a Prowler 15.

I do have a spare one for sale with mount if you are interested?

ChrisW

Thanks for the info Chris,

I have already ordered one, unfortunately, but if I require another I'll get in touch.

Cheers,

Ray

Edited by RayJ

fitted 2 scotty powerlocks with the scotty extenders to my p13 turned the mount on it's side and fitted to the gunwhale--reinforced with plastic backing plates inside the yak. Have had tope trying to pull them off to no avail!make sure if you fit them here that it's outside your paddling arc then you can use them to troll with and see every bite.real handy at night with tiplights on your rods too-am I giving all my secrets away? :rolleyes:dscf0136su4.th.jpg dscf0115td2.th.jpg dscf0108or9.th.jpg

Edited by richi

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph