Places to fish in the North West?

Gone Fishin

Dunham Massey is quite good. They have resonable size tench, roach and perch and other fish too. If you decide to fish there, use a pole as you usually catch the big fish on it.

Follow this link to find other fisheries in your area:

Waterscape Fisheries Finder

I hope this helps.

It depends on how far you want to travel.

There is always Bradshaws Hall fishery in Bolton. Google for directions.

Around Wigan there are a couple I have fished matches on, Wrightington produces some good bags of fish as does Charity Farm. Both are relatively easy to get to as they are just off the M6.

Closer to where I live near Blackpool there are some good'ns.

My current favourite is Highfiled Fisheries in Hambleton (again google for directions) It has a 3 lakes Ash which is small carp and silver fish, Beech which is predominatley carp to about 5lb and Oak which is the Specimen lake and can usually only be fished by prior booking (especially at weekends) Carp to 30lb. If you try it ask George the Fishery Manager for advice on method, he is always v helpful.

The other one round here is whitmore which is just off the motorway at Junction 3 of the M55 (Kirkham turnoff again Google for directions).

The last two have been producing really well of late and as a consequence are fairly well booked for matches at weekend so if you're coming from Manchester its always best to give them a ring to make sure you can get on.

If you fancy the river there is always the Ribble at the Tickled Trout. Come off the motorway at Preston and you can buy Day Tickets from the garage next to the hotel.

there is also a thread on this forum http://www.anglersnet.co.uk/forums/index.php?showtopic=66371 which allows you to put in your postcode and it will tell you of other fisheries near you (thanks to boozlebear for that).

Hope these sugestions are of help.

Tight lines.

:thumbs:

Edited by Ferg

Thanx iamlucky18 and ferq. My brother-in-law keeps bangin on about Bradshaws, so I guess it's a decent patch to fish. Has anyone fished Heaton Park? Scopped it out the other day and it didn't look 2 bad. Also checked out; Whittlebrook reservoir in Walkden, has anyone fished here? Looked well kept and nice and quiet, no plebs lobbin bricks in the water. Fished 'Black Leach Lodge' Saturday and drew a blank, anyone fished here? believe there's some nice size Tench in there. I also fancy fishin 'Clifton Marina', but have been told it's a hard water to fish. Does anyone know if it's possible to fish the Manchester Canal at Worsley??? also fancy fishing 'Pennington Flash' anyone have any experience of fishing here?

Cheers, Gone Fishin

P.S. Sorry there are so many questions

Yibbida Yibbida Folks

Thanx iamlucky18 and ferq. My brother-in-law keeps bangin on about Bradshaws, so I guess it's a decent patch to fish. Has anyone fished Heaton Park? Scopped it out the other day and it didn't look 2 bad. Also checked out; Whittlebrook reservoir in Walkden, has anyone fished here? Looked well kept and nice and quiet, no plebs lobbin bricks in the water. Fished 'Black Leach Lodge' Saturday and drew a blank, anyone fished here? believe there's some nice size Tench in there. I also fancy fishin 'Clifton Marina', but have been told it's a hard water to fish. Does anyone know if it's possible to fish the Manchester Canal at Worsley??? also fancy fishing 'Pennington Flash' anyone have any experience of fishing here?

Cheers, Gone Fishin

Just thought of another place, how does the River Irwell fish?????

Yibbida Yibbida Folks

Might get my wrists slapped but theres a lot of manchester lads on this one

http://www.coarsefish.com/

LOL - we have never worried about links to other sites if there was a reason for them. So, no slap is indicated (even if you enjoy them :D ).

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Cheers, Gone Fishin

According to one guy, Clifton Marina is the most difficult swim he tried to tackle. Apparently they only stock 50 carp for an 8 acre lake. To be in with a real chance of catching any fish, you should use a feeder rod. But the chance of catching fish at Clifton is pretty slim even then.

I'm thinking of fishing at Heaton Park and Whittlebrook sometime soon (as soon as I get a feeder rod).

You wouldn’t class Clifton as easy, but there are harder waters in the North West – it’s all down to the ability and determination of the angler really.

You could also have a look at some of the SOTAS waters, as many anglers in your area are members and they have a number of excellent carp waters for all abilities with fish to upper 30’s: http://www.sotangling.com

For more info on North West waters you could also have a look at our sister site: http://www.NorthWestCarp.co.uk - there is a profile for Highfield and others mentioned above, and sombody has just uploaded images of a few stunning clifton catches in the forum.

Hope this helps...

Julian

Mild Mannered Carp Angler By Day…

Read My Blog:Here! View My Gallery: Here!

www.NorthWestcarp.co.uk Home of the Northern Monkey!