Its from the USA I know, BUT!

Chris Goddard

Please pause a moment, reflect back, and take the following multiple choice test. The events are actual cuts from past history. They actually happened!!!

Do you remember?

-1968 Bobby Kennedy was shot and killed by

a. Superman

b. Jay Leno

c. Harry Potter

d. Muslim male extremist between the ages of 17 and 40

1. In 1972 at the Munich Olympics, athletes were kidnapped and massacred by

a. Olga Corbett

b. Sitting Bull

c. Arnold Schwarzenegger

d. Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

2. In 1979, the US embassy in Iran was taken over by:

a. Lost Norwegians

b. Elvis

c. A tour bus full of 80-year-old women

3.During the 1980's a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by:

a. John Dillinger

b. The King of Sweden

c. The Boy Scouts

4. In 1983, the US Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by:

a. A pizza delivery boy

b. Pee Wee Herman

c. Geraldo Rivera

5. In 1985 the cruise ship Achille Lauro was hijacked and a 70 year old American passenger was murdered and thrown overboard in his wheelchair by:

a. The Smurfs

b. Davy Jones

c. The Little Mermaid

6.In 1985 TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens, and a US Navy diver trying to rescue passengers was murdered by:

a. Captain Kidd

b. Charles Lindberg

c. Mother Teresa

7.In 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by:

a. Scooby Doo

b. The Tooth Fairy

c. Butch Cassidy and The Sundance Kid

8. In 1993 the World Trade Center was bombe d the first time by:

a. Richard Simmons

b. Grandma Moses

c. Michael Jordan

9.In 1998, the US embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by:

a. Mr. Rogers

b. Hillary Clinton, to distract attention from Wild Bill' s women problems

c. The World Wrestling Federation

10.On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked; two were used as missiles to take out the World Trade

Centers and of the remaining two, one crashed into the US Pentagon and the other was

diverted and crashed by the passengers.Thousands of people were killed by:

a. Bugs Bunny, Wiley E. Coyote, Daffy Duck and Elmer Fudd

b. The Supreme Court of Florida

c. Mr. Bean

11.In 2002 the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against:

a. Enron

b. The Lutheran Church

c. The NFL

12. In 2002 reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and murdered by:

a. Bonnie and Clyde

b. Captain Kangaroo

c. Billy Graham

d. Muslim male extremist s mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

13. 2004 - Spain Railway bombings were done by:

Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40

14. 2005 London Railway bombings were done by:

AND NOW !

15. 2006 plot to blowup airliners leaving London for US destinations. Who has been implicated:

Nope, I really don't see a pattern here to justify profiling, do you?

So, to ensure we Americans never offend anyone, particularly fanatics intent on killing us, airport security screeners will no longer be allowed to profile certain people. They must conduct random searches of 80 year-old women, little kids, airline pilots with proper identification, secret agents of the President's security detail, 85-year old Congressmen with metal hips, and Medal of Honor winning and former Governor Joe Foss, but leave Muslim males between the ages 17 and 40 alone because profiling is discriminatory and not nice.

Let's send this to as many people as we can so that the Gloria Allreds and other dunder-headed attorneys along with Federal Justices that want to thwart common sense, feel doubly ashamed of themselves - if they have any such sense.

As the writer of the award winning story "Forrest Gump" so aptly put it,

"Stupid is as stupid does"

Come on people wake up!!!

OK, you CAN make STATISTICS mean anything you want. BUT They also speak for themselves!!!

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Personally, I'm all for targeting resourses at the people that you believe to be the bad guys. If someone is walking down the street with a pulled up hoodie a baseball cap and a pair of gloves on in August (well any other August that the current one), pull them because they're probably a thief. If some gaunt little smackhead is walking the streets with a big bag at 4 in te morning, pull him. If a group of young black males are mopeing arropund on a street corner in an area that's notorious for muggings and they're wearing gang colours, pull them. and the same goes for targeting muslim travellers.

Profileing isn't nasty racist policing, it's just the appropriate targeting of resourses.

The danger comes when the police start using profiling without thinking. They have to look at everybody. They still need to have random searches and they need to be open and honest in dealing with the people that they are searching

Edited by Ken L

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

Personally, I'm all for targeting resourses at the people that you believe to be the bad guys. If someone is walking down the street with a pulled up hoodie a baseball cap and a pair of gloves on in August (well any other August that the current one), pull them because they're probably a thief. If some gaunt little smackhead is walking the streets with a big bag at 4 in te morning, pull him. If a group of young black males are mopeing arropund on a street corner in an area that's notorious for muggings and they're wearing gang colours, pull them. and the same goes for targeting muslim travellers.

Profileing isn't nasty racist policing, it's just the appropriate targeting of resourses.

The danger comes when the police start using profiling without thinking. They have to look at everybody. They still need to have random searches and they need to be open and honest in dealing with the people that they are searching

I agree entirely Ken, it's just common sense.

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

I agree entirely Ken, it's just common sense.

I too agree with you Ken.

However, the statistics used in the e-mail are so ridiculously bias, that they do indeed speak for themselves.

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

However, the statistics used in the e-mail are so ridiculously bias, that they do indeed speak for themselves.

gozzer - where, exactly, did you spot any statistics in the original post?

Definitions of statistics on the Web:

a branch of applied mathematics concerned with the collection and interpretation of quantitative data and the use of probability theory to estimate population parameters

wordnet.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

However, if you did see some and I just missed them, where, exactly, did you see bias?

Definitions of bias on the Web:

In statistics, a biased estimator is one that for some reason on average over- or underestimates what is being estimated. The word bias has at least two different senses in statistics, one referring to something considered very bad, the other referring to something that can at times produce results more useful and closer to the truth than an insistence on being "unbiased."

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bias_(statistics)

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

Can we stop this thread now?

Yes once all of the muslim extremists are dead. May they rot in there muslim hell once they blow there useless bodies up :sun:

Go on Newt you can close it now :sun:

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

I agreed with Ken because what he said was common sense. I did not much like the tone of the original post and as the thread is now descending into the normal garbage, I agree it is time it was closed :(

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

I agreed with Ken because what he said was common sense. I did not much like the tone of the original post and as the thread is now descending into the normal garbage, I agree it is time it was closed :(

Totally agree - can smell decaying muslim bodies !!!

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

gozzer - where, exactly, did you spot any statistics in the original post?

However, if you did see some and I just missed them, where, exactly, did you see bias?

[/size]

Newt, I was referring to the last line of the e-mail.

OK, you CAN make STATISTICS mean anything you want. BUT They also speak for themselves!!!
So I suggest you take it up with whoever wrote that line!

I could quote instances of acts of violence caused by any particular race or creed, to suit any circumstances that I wanted to highlight. If I did, then then the 'facts' that I used would be biased against the particular section of the community I used. Would it not?

statistics Show phonetics

plural noun (INFORMAL stats)

information based on a study of the number of times something happens or is present, or other numerical facts:

Statistics show/suggest that women live longer than men.

According to official statistics, the Japanese work longer hours than workers in most other industrialized countries

bias (PREFERENCE) Show phonetics

noun

1 [C usually singular; U]a tendency to support or oppose a particular person or thing in an unfair way by allowing personal opinions to influence your judgment:

The government has accused the media of bias.

Reporters must be impartial and not show political bias.

There was clear evidence of a strong bias against her.

There has always been a slight bias in favour of/towards employing arts graduates in the company.

Cambridge Dictionaries on line

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John