I guess someone has to say it

Guest Jaybee

Judy, why are you putting me in the same boat as Ferret, he is a slagger and trouble maker, I am not.

My second last post was extremely diplomatic and well thought out and was defending you and Julia.

My last post was defending Jaybee who I respect entirely.

I don't believe his 'I give up' comment was aimed at me.

Edited by Steve Randles
I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Privately I have been down this road before, I have seen entries that TO MY MIND failed to convey the message. Please note the words TO MY MIND...........

"Boozing" IS an Aussie sport Jay, probably the main one from what I gather :) Well taken shot...says it all :) and does actually qualify TO MY MIND.

Jay,you won a comp with a pic of a rabbit...TO MY MIND it simply said "rabbit" Had it not been entered in a comp entitled Easter, then TO MY MIND there was no connection at all with the subject.

THIS IS NOT PERSONAL by the way.

Judy has .TO MY MIND entered some "orrible" pics :), but her entry "Looking up" was perfect...."right on the button, hit the mark, shows a good eye for a subject" ect....TO MY MIND an outright winner, but her Windows entry did nothing for me.

Shall I go on?????????? Is this what you want every time a judge makes a choice? Explanations followed by disagreements?

Don't leave us Jay, or TB, or anyone else please, just keep the pictures coming, and the advice Jay :)

We could, and maybe should, enter anonymously, Exif is available from the original shot and should be kept so it can be seen if asked for, and no explanations required please...if the entry fits the bill IN THE JUDGES EYES the so be it, Wonder about it in private and pass on........works for me :)

Dave, (Ferret) stop trying to stir it mate please...............

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

Doh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! my attempts at diplomacy have gone through the window thanks tracy and Ferrett

Diplomacy Judy? I think your in the wrong place here love. :unsure:

A while ago, I posted saying that I admired the quality of the photos that you lot produced, and that I was thinking of having a go myself, if I thought that I had a good enough shot. The words of encouragement that I received, made me think "yeah, I will have a go". But then I read threads like this and I have a rethink. I don't know much about 'EXIF' info' or light levels, shutter speeds and I don't have the time or inclination to sit waiting for 'the shot'. If it's there, and I'm there with my camera, then 'click' that's as far as I go. Some of the past winners I have really liked, some I have not, I have never questioned the judges decision because it was a 'personal' choice, just as my vote was. In fact some of the winners looked 'staged' and that's not my thing, but again it's a personal preference. To 'nit pick' about criteria, photo quality etc, just puts me off, and I wonder how many who follow the comp's, but haven't entered yet, feel the same as me? I feel that if you mess around with the rules too much then you will shoot yourselves in the foot, and a lot of the 'fun' element will be gone, and some like me won't post, and some that do post will stop.

FWIW. These were just the thoughts and ramblings of an unbiased observer, who has never entered a photo, but watches the comp's with interest, and votes on the last three.

John. :)

Edited by gozzer

Angling is more than just catching fish, if it wasn't it would just be called 'catching'......... John

Apologies to Tracy,and anyone else I have offended.

Cannot this be turned around and say that we have all had a chance to have a moan and groan and just get on with taking nice pictures.

Judith

Edited by nursejudy

nurse.gif

AKA Nurse Jugsy ( especially for newt)

Apologies to Tracy,and anyone else I have offended.

Judith

Judy, I very much doubt that you have, or are capable of, offending anybody (& that is meant in the nicest possible way).

I thought this line from the last paragraph of your previous post sums things up nicely.

please dont let this forum descend in to bickering and backbiting,the photography forum has done much to give back Anglers Net some of its lost fun and friendship,Steve and the contributors should be applauded

Well said Judy.

Wait till I get my new camera I will be such a bore :)

And learn how to post up pictures :headhurt:

Careful John. Look whats happened to Norrie. He used to be very happy with his little kodak digi. Now he`s got a grands worth of gear round his neck. EVEN IN THE PUB :g:

We don`t use J`s anymore!!

Judy, I very much doubt that you have, or are capable of, offending anybody (& that is meant in the nicest possible way).

To be honest Rabster I was offended by Judys earlier comment and I appreciated her apology. I am sincerely hoping now that not only can this forum get back on track, but also Judy and I. :kissing::love::drunk:

I hate getting up early, I didn't even realise there were two 6 o'clocks in one day!

Oooh, you are naughty.;)