Question to the forum: How to make paste baits?

Julian

Hi all,

Can anybody help with this visitors question to the forum?

The Visitor has been directed to this thread so could any answers / help be posted below. Cheers, Julian.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hi,

Can you tell me how to make paste baits for carp fishing?

Thanks, Mick Harper

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mild Mannered Carp Angler By Day…

Read My Blog:Here! View My Gallery: Here!

www.NorthWestcarp.co.uk Home of the Northern Monkey!

I personally just use an ordinary boilie mix and then don't boil it. I.e. mix it with eggs etc as normal. There are plenty of other pastes like bread and cheese but the chub and barbel boys would probably be able to give you some more ideas about them (and they'll all work for carp as well).

Rob.

i would buy a kilo or so of pellets like if u wanted strawberry paste buy strawberry pellets and addd some water to them and blend them leave them in a container over night to harden up a bit and u got some mean paste ;)

dont be too dissapointed when you dont catch a fish after its not called catching its called fishing! :D

Paste baits are pretty easy to make, brown/white bread mixed with water or eggs. Maize flour, cake flour and water, to flavour use the cake favours or go to a tackle shop for some flavours. You can use most boilie mixes just do not cook em.

In the past I have had success with various bread, cheese and and meat based pastes but I have found that the boilie mix based pastes are by far the easiest and most successful as they are easy to make and they take flavours and colours without any trouble and are very easy to get to the right consistency every time.

You can always boil a few samples too just in case small fish become a problem, I recently had a session where small roach ( 4 - 6oz ) were taking paste on a size 6 hook without trouble!!

Alan.

And Click here for another one with directions for making.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President