Blimey...

Chippy

Well....... I dont pop in for a few weeks, then pop my head in for a browse to see what everyone has been shooting recently and it looks like the world's gone mad!!

So, to lift everyone's spirits, here's a few of my more recent shots, feel free to comment/critique as much as you like.

pc_050806_5314_1diin.jpg

pc_050806_5318_1diin.jpg

pc_190806_5800_1diin.jpg

pc_280806_6882_1diin.jpg

Play nice!

so you havent been around for a while,so you dont know yet that you're banned from photo comp. (only joking of course) hahahaha

Being new to this photography caper i really am impressed, well done.

my mind not only wanders-- sometimes it leaves completely.

Updated 7/3/09

http://sites.google.com/site/pomfred/

Very impressive great colour sky really feel that you are there.

Great shots.

:sun::thumbs::sun::thumbs::sun:

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

I love the colour of the sky. Its so blue. Is that touched up at all or is that just how you captured it?

HB

The first one has had a bit of white balance tweeking (I always shoot in raw), the 2nd shot is as it was and the last two were both natural but shot with a Hoya polariser.

As for the comps.......think enough has been said on that one already :headhurt:

That last shot is a great example of someone having the 'photographer's eye' I mentioned in another thread. The subject (tower) was interesting but the shot was taken in such a was as to improve it at least 10 fold over what I would have taken.

I love to see this sort of thing on the forum since it does get me thinking more about how to take the most interesting photograph of a thing that will hold still for a picture.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I might be missing something Chippy as I have not kept up with digital but your depth of field in the last picture is awesome and reminiscent of a moveable film plane camera. Is that something that digital has an advantage on as the focus seems to be consistent throughout. (and YES, I have put my glasses on :blink: )

Nice Picture :)

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

All superb shots, but to me 3 & 4 really stand out. I can't stop having another look at No. 3 - I love the way the straight lines in the corn field draw your eye into the photo, outstanding :clap3: .

I'd be happy if I could take shots a 1/10th as good as those.

Guest Jaybee

Brilliant.

I have no idea how to even go about getting lanscape shots let alone landscape of this calibre.

Takes me back to my many visits to Guernsey.