Places to fish in London

iamlucky18

I'm due to start university in about a months time. My campus is located in South Kensington. However, I want to continue fishing. So I was wondering if there are any places to fish near that area?

Thanks for your time and help.

One of the first places i started to fish was the Serpentine,The other nearest i think would be the Grand union canal at its start by regents park through to scrubs lane.

It does pass through some seedy areas so be careful. I am sure some of our London based members will give more info.

Good luck

Edited by medwaygreen

Fishing seems to be my favorite form of loafing.

"Even a bad day of fishing is better than a good day of work."

I know the joy of fishes in the river through my own joy, as I go walking along the same river.

What do you think if the float does not dip, try again I think.

It'll mean a quick jaunt on the tube / overland but the Thames isn't too far away, Canbury Gardens stretch good for mixed bags & 10 mins walk from Kingston station assuming you don't have access to a car that is..

I live across the river in battersea, You have the Wandle in SW London and ponds on both clapham and Wandsworth common. I personally don't fish the ponds but the river is very good for roach,chub and barbel. Although I would add that you would'nt really want to be wandering around loaded up with expensive gear, it runs through some pretty urban ( urban is the nice way of putting it) areas. There are also easy access stretches at Hampton Court for the Thames.

If you have a car then your laughing,if not you still have access to some pretty good fishing

Have a search for previous threads, there is also some good advice regarding fishing the Thames at Battersea.

PM me when you arrive in London I would be more than happy to give you a recce on the wandle.

Dan

Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes