DL/UL speeds

Howard 13

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wish I could skip ISP, but I can't. Everyone else says I can't get BB apart from BT.

I like the other companies honesty.

I'm stuck with BT, absolutely nothing I can do because I live in the sticks and I'm not important to them.

bt are an independent BB company and nothing to do with British telecom phone lines, if you can get broad band from BT broadband or BT INTERNET you can get it from any isp.

it is quite misleading as the name makes you think they are all British telecom companies but all they are is an independent company like AOL or PIPEX.

check out my Sig and have a look around that site, they have all the BB suppliers in the UK and you can check on most of there sites if you can receive BB from them.

and if you are in the sticks, then you might just be stuck with them speeds as the limit is around 5km from the exchange any further and you will in-cure line noise and slower connections.

anyone got any of of these punches please
Broadband problems, click here
my m8 is a pike angler and one of the nicest people you could ever meet.IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image

Cheers Kempo. I've rang all the other major ISP's and they say I can't get it.

I'm 3.7 Km from the exchange and know people further away who've got 1meg.

well that tells me one thing, there is a definite line problem as bt haven't updated some of there telephone lines since before the war in way out locations as it costs so much.

when these other isp's test for a connection the line has so much noise on it due to older cabling that they don't want or need the aggravation in helping you out.

so it looks like you will need British telecoms to sort this problem out I'm afraid, it isn't to do with your Internet supplier.

good luck.

anyone got any of of these punches please
Broadband problems, click here
my m8 is a pike angler and one of the nicest people you could ever meet.IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image