bass banging

Guest toplessfishing

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good to see they are thriving down your way :) Not trying to be a killjoy BUT catch and release on the bass front can only benefit us all. Christ I am sounding like Ian Burrett!!! just joking Ian :sun:

They are a slow growing fish mind,not sure about the stats but I think they do not spawn until they are about the 3/4 lb mark!!! I am sure someone will correct me on this one :blink: I was brought up from the old school mind. Get it into the boat and bang it on the head :( I am trying very hard to shake it off now.

I have a static van over on Luce Bay now and am targeting bass on the old poppers quite a bit. I have to thank Manxman and Freddie The Bass from Drummore for coaching me.

I have made a pact with myself. Only keep max 2 fish a session and anything over 5lbs goes back to make love. :)

It s not general knowledge I know but "Manxman" had a tremendous session on the Mull of Galloway 3 weeks ago,all on the poppers :) He had 14 to the net between 4lb and 7.5lb,lost 4 during the fight and also got snapped off a biggie. He only kept one for the pot. I think its the way to go for bass anyway.

This is only a personal viewpoint mind,not trying to dictate to anyone :)

Excellent report though :)

Fishing digs on the Mull of Galloway - recommend

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy

So what gives you [edited - John S] the god given to criticize my friends and myself angling ethics?

Yes we caught many nice bass, but we have to pay for the boats running costs somehow or we wouldn't be able to afford to ever take her out.

So are you saying we shouldn't ever go fishing if we have to kill our catch to pay for running costs of our boat?

We are not breaking any laws!

You are, if you do not have a licence. Just a heads up....

Edited by Pugs

B.A.S.S

IPB Image

IPB Image

Guest toplessfishing

So are you saying the bass I caught are not my bass?

Surely if someone catches a fish then it becomes theirs, doesnt it!

Edited by toplessfishing

So Topless if you didn't catch loads of fish you would still go fishing right?

Then your argument doesn't stand, you are selling for profit. Next time you go out all those fish aren't there and won't be breeding next year so you have undermined next years yearclass.

Get with the program dude. If you can't afford to go fishing without selling your catch give it up!

JRT

So Topless if you didn't catch loads of fish you would still go fishing right?

Then your argument doesn't stand, you are selling for profit. Next time you go out all those fish aren't there and won't be breeding next year so you have undermined next years yearclass.

Get with the program dude. If you can't afford to go fishing without selling your catch give it up!

JRT

JRT is 100% right if you cannot afford to run the boat without selling the catch you have two options a) Apply for a licence b ) give up the boat fishing before you get caught selling fish.

Posting the fact on here is like putting your head in the noose :lol::lol:

Edited by Ken Davison South Wales

I fish, I catches a few, I lose a few, BUT I enjoys. Anglers Trust PM

eat.gif

http://www.petalsgardencenter.com

Petals Florist

So are you saying the bass I caught are not my bass?

Surely if someone catches a fish then it becomes theirs, doesnt it!

not if they are sold on without a licence, r u admitting to something here :):sun: ??

Edited by Pugs

B.A.S.S

IPB Image

IPB Image

big hug/kiss and byr Mr Bass :) The only way to go.The big buggers are the spawning fish.

If you want bass for your granbairns to catch best put the big boys back then :)

Come on team let them swim off to make even better sport! I only want the thrill of the fight. No commercial/monetary interst in this.

Warning - if you are a gill netter on the Mull of Galloway best insure your nets,my Stanley knife does the biz :)

You have been warned :sun:

Between me and manxman all gill netters in the area best gaurg their nets or knob off !

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

JRT is 100% right if you cannot afford to run the boat without selling the catch you have two options a) Apply for a licence b ) give up the boat fishing before you get caught selling fish.

Posting the fact on here is like putting your head in the noose :lol::lol:

Catch and release mate,leave some for your grandbairns :)

Its the only way to go. It is cool watching a large bass swim back :sun:

HERE

babyforavatar.jpg

Me when I had hair

I am generally quite calm on these forums, but some mofo who says he has to sell his catch to afford the boat- sort your life out.

I dont own a Porsche because I can afford to run it.

I own a kayak because I can afford that, and not a boat. Your argument is exactly the same short sighted logic applied by many 'amateur' gill netters, who then complain when the fish run out.

If you cant afford it- dont do it. And if you are unlicensed, I hope you get caught- we are all traceable in the internet.

If you are a wind up merchant- dont join the comedy club.

B.A.S.S. member