who wants a job

barry luxton

You can have mine.

Since returning back from the break, been inundated with repairs to pipework, drainage, svp's electrical problems

blah blah blah apart from me normal refurbishments that I actually enjoy doing.

So day before yesterday, call from a management co who I do a lot of work with, no water in a ist floor flat, can you deal, yup no problem.

Goes there and the tenant has already called thames water, no problem with the supply mrs. Looked in the footpath and there's one old service tap that appears to be serving the flat in question, the double fronted shop below and yet another flat. Inspecting it, it's full of water. So back to thames water, they can't give me detail of the shop below as per the data protection act, it's unoccupied and they just won't pass the info as to who the owner is etc.

Fortunately there's a telephone number on the closed down shop window, rang that, no sorry we don't rent it no more, it's back to the administrators and the actual owner. In the mean time I don't know if there's a pipe burst in the shop or someone has shut it down.

Found out it is owned by a large betting shop chain, result, as they are quite pally with the co I work for. So it was arranged that I go from east London to north to collect the key.

Done that, got back to the shop and found that there was no water what so ever serving the rear bathrooms, toilets kitchen, heating etc. So automatically back to the tenant to phone thames as ask them to come out and check the service valve yet again.

By that time, it's way past home time, I gave the tenant a bucket of water for her bog and filled her kettle up and gave her the keys to a flat directly opposite that I had just completed and is empty for a week or so. Back on the A 2 after going through the rush hour stand still at blackwall and the tenant phoned can I speak to thames. He told me the service tap was still live, nothing wrong with it apart from full of water and silt, he confirmed that it needs clearing out before someone can turn it off or on. He asked me if he could meet me on site to attempt to solve it, no problem around I go back through the kin tunnel and met him.

entering the shop we both looked at all the pipework and the fixtures and fittings that were suffering lack of water. I even kicked through a plasterboard wall at the front of the shop to see if the water pipework was in a cupboard that no one had a key to the rather posh door for, nope not there.

So by that time I thanked him for his efforts and started walking back to our vans. Before you go I told him I would show him the supply to the other flats around the back. Yup all ok no problem there. Turned and looked at the overflowing bins that hadn't been emptied and noticed a small timber panel behind the bins, pulled it off and low and behold it was as if someone had turned the lights on. Some bast@rd had nicked all the copper pipe within this floor void that goes from back of the shop to the front. Pipe insulation every where and signs of ripped pipe all over the place. Thank goodness for that in a sense. So I thanked him and thames water for their patience and assistance in finding out what the problem was and wished him good night. That was yesterday sorted.

So today with jest and vigour I arrived to connect the upstairs flat with new plastic valueless pipe work. Well I thought I had done it, turned the tap on in this void, nothing, bugg@r, so I went and connected up all the shop bathrooms thinking that somewhere the pipe serving the up stairs flat was within it. NOPE, that didn't work either.

So back into the shop I go and guess what. Nope, the burglar alarm decided to set it's self off. There's me outside the shop and passers by are looking at me as if I'm the burglar, coppers, nope, I would welcome them to pay a visit to show them what some scrote had done. So back to the management co with details of this rather loud sounding chubb alarm. Loads of phone calls and no one taking responsibility for it, so my governors told me to do what I wanted to shut the kin thing up. Fortunately the battery died before I wrecked it. Still no water.

Back to the flat and I found where the pipe drop was. back to the shop, up above the false ceiling, there is the pipe, found it at last. Only problem it is buried in a wall behind a rather large safe that is bolted to the floor. So back down to the floor void with a rather bright light and eureka, tiny hole in the floor above, right next to one of the safe bolts is the kin pipe, broken off above the floor, that was the reason I missed it. So that was today over with, no result but I know what I have to do in the morning to get the water flowing again.

Who wants a job?

Edited by barry luxton
  • Like 1

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Angling is better than politics, ban politics from angling.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Recipie's for mullet stew more than welcomed.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Look on the bright side, it could have been raining :)

• Like 1

John S

Quanti Canicula Ille In Fenestra

Species caught in 2017 Common Ash, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, White Willow.

Species caught in 2016: Alder, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Crab Apple, Left Earlobe, Pedunculate Oak, Rock Whitebeam, Scots Pine, Smooth-leaved Elm, Swan, Wayfaring tree.

Species caught in 2015: Ash, Bird Cherry, Black-Headed Gull, Common Hazel, Common Whitebeam, Elder, Field Maple, Gorse, Puma, Sessile Oak, White Willow.

Species caught in 2014: Big Angry Man's Ear, Blackthorn, Common Ash, Common Whitebeam, Downy Birch, European Beech, European Holly, Hawthorn, Hazel, Scots Pine, Wych Elm.
Species caught in 2013: Beech, Elder, Hawthorn, Oak, Right Earlobe, Scots Pine.

Species caught in 2012: Ash, Aspen, Beech, Big Nasty Stinging Nettle, Birch, Copper Beech, Grey Willow, Holly, Hazel, Oak, Wasp Nest (that was a really bad day), White Poplar.
Species caught in 2011: Blackthorn, Crab Apple, Elder, Fir, Hawthorn, Horse Chestnut, Oak, Passing Dog, Rowan, Sycamore, Willow.
Species caught in 2010: Ash, Beech, Birch, Elder, Elm, Gorse, Mullberry, Oak, Poplar, Rowan, Sloe, Willow, Yew.

Someone once told me that there was no such thing as a "five minute plumbing job" ;)

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

tis very true, but they are such a genuine co I hate taking money off them because someone else has crapped on them, I did suggest co insurance but it might not be cost effective, as I am a bit of a cheap skate.

in among the debris are used needles, old bank cards, cut up bank cards.

Free to choose apart from the ones where the trust poked their nose in. Common eel. tope. Bass and sea bream. All restricted.

New for 2016 TAT are the main instigators for the demise of the u k bass charter boat industry, where they went screaming off to parliament and for the first time assisting so called angling gurus set up bass take bans with the e u using rubbish exaggerated info collected by ices from anglers, they must be very proud.

Upgrade, the door has been closed with regards to anglers being linked to the e u superstate and the failed c f p. So TAT will no longer need to pay monies to the EAA anymore as that org is no longer relevant to the u k . Goodbye to the europeon anglers alliance and pathetic restrictions from the e u.

Consumer of bass. where is the evidence that the u k bass stock need angling trust protection. Why won't you work with your peers instead of castigating them. They have the answer.

Angling sanitation trust and kent and sussex sea anglers org delete's and blocks rsa's alternative opinion on their face book site. Although they claim to rep all.

new for 2014. where is the evidence that the south coast bream stock need the angling trust? Your campaign has no evidence. Why won't you work with your peers, the inshore under tens? As opposed to alienating them? Angling trust failed big time re bait digging, even fish legal attempted to intervene and failed, all for what, nothing.

Looks like the sea angling reps have been coerced by the ifca's to compose sea angling strategy's that the ifca's at some stage will look at drafting into legislation to manage the rsa, because they like wasting tax payers money. That's without asking the rsa btw. You know who you are..

Barry

It keeps you off the streets..... no wait on the streets........ Uh! Oh well you know what I mean :shutup:

• Like 1

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

10393862_10153535579773642_5765480094907

• Like 1

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

Barry

It keeps you off the streets..... no wait on the streets........ Uh! Oh well you know what I mean :shutup:

yes in amongst it all I was also feeding tfl coffers with their parking fees

Look on the bright side, it could have been raining :)

Typical of JohnS Barry, I would say, "Look on the bright side Barry, it could be snowing!"
  • Like 1

"My imaginary friend doesn't like your imaginary friend is no basis for armed conflict...."

Horrible the man is Huge, how's the isle of wight, towed it away yet?