Centenary outing for the Allcocks 1915....

Tigger

I had several hours trotting on a larger river today. Walking up the river bank the wind was quite strong and damn freezin' but at least it was an upstream wind. I dropped into a nice looking peice of water on a wide part of the river. Because it was so wide I had to wade out mid river then cast another 20+ yds to trott the line I wanted. The rubber thigh waders didn't keep out the cold at all and my legs where aching like bu&&ery. Since I started catching some decent chub I put up with the aching legs LOL. I finnished up with eight chub, at a guess they where all between 4 and 5lb and a small trout. Only took one snap as it was pretty hairy wading on the slippery bolders !

feb17chub.jpg

• Like 1

Nice one Ian. :thumbs:

Did they go at all? I had a few in a mixed bag last week and they were so slow I had convinced myself the first one was a bream before it popped and it was a chub. Never known them to be so weak, but it was a very slow deep hole I was fishing.

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Nice one Ian. :thumbs:

Did they go at all? I had a few in a mixed bag last week and they were so slow I had convinced myself the first one was a bream before it popped and it was a chub. Never known them to be so weak, but it was a very slow deep hole I was fishing.

They where in a shallow'ish run where the flow was pretty fast so to be honest they all felt like barbel for a few seconds especially as they all tried to keep in the centre of the river hugged the river bed and didn't kite to one side how chub normally do. Even when I got them near to me they had a few attempts at bolting off ! Funny but all of them fought very hard for chub !

They where all in superb fettle and even though they didn't have big bellies they where thick and chunky.

they are nice the browning revolvers ,but I think I may of found a new reel to rival my browning revolver in my affections ,I've not done too much fishing lately and decided I needed a pick me up . to get the fishing urge going .found out only two left ,so I guess only one left now out of 25 (first run of 25 in graphite )

I saw one of these ,via a facebook group and knew I had to have one ,

The Grayling Perfection

Grayling20Front_zps0lyayqyh.jpg

might just sqeeze in a session with it before the end of the season .

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

Where did this come from? Looks like somebody's taken on the sales of a spruced up range of reels. They do look very nice, I'd guess about £500?

That site's been up and running for quite some time now Chris.

I had one of the Redditch Perfections for a short time.

Edited by Tigger