Centenary outing for the Allcocks 1915....

Tigger

I had a couple of corking dace today as well - clearly in breeding condition - one was a VERY sandpapery male.

C.

Yeah, I noticed the rough snadpapery feel to some of them also. The one in my pic was a rough feeling male, the females where like those fat golfish you se in fishtanks ! It was great to see them actually on their mission like that, there was literally hundreds and hundreds of them, amazing to see.

I met up with Brian (Lutra) today for a end of season trotting session. It was a lovely day to be out on the river, the sun was shining and we where surrounded with all kinds of wildfoul and we even had a barn owl buzzing up and down the river bank searching for rodents, on several occassions it was only a few feet over my head as it flew by !

I think the cold rain yesterday had slowed the sport down from my recent visits bt we still did ok, Brain had 14 chub and two trout and I had 16 chub and one trout. We both lost several chub and I lost a barbel but we weren't botherd...it saved us unhookin 'em :).

march%2010%20chub.jpg

march%2010%20chubs.jpg

• Like 1

Cheers for a lovely afternoon Ian. I missed the barn owl, but was happy enough with the kingfishers, buzzard and the rest of the wildfowl that seemed to be enjoying the spring weather.

Back to cold, wet and windy for today, so might have to tuck up under a brolly later. :(

A tiger does not lose sleep over the opinion of sheep

Cheers for a lovely afternoon Ian. I missed the barn owl, but was happy enough with the kingfishers, buzzard and the rest of the wildfowl that seemed to be enjoying the spring weather.

Back to cold, wet and windy for today, so might have to tuck up under a brolly later. :angry:

Anytime Brian, I always enjoy our fishing trips out together :). It's nice and sunny atm but it's supposed to be hammering down at 12pm....farkin' would be wunn'it !

It's supposed to be raining heavy from mid afternoon Thursday until Friday night so there might not be much chance of getting a decent trotting session in with the rivers rising like that. I might try the heavier leger rods for a change.

Well done on the captures, lovely to see such beautiful Chub in pristine condition.

Bob

Thank's Bob :).

Pete (Latimera) and I had a several hours legering into darkness today but conditions weren't exactly good with heavy cold rain, then when it stopped a nice half hour, after that there was a sharp drop from already quite low temp's to nearly freezing that forced us to make a retreat back to the motors and wom for some jack-bit. We only managed one fish, we didn't weigh it but it wasn't a bad'un :).

Edited by Tigger