Allcocks Suerpb Split Cane 10ft 2 Piece Rod

bungral

I've just got my hands on my grandads old fishing gear. He's been dead for around 15 years and I think one of my uncles has had it a while but doesn't fish. One of the rods included was an Allcocks Superb 10ft Split Cane rod. Basically i'm wondering if anyone owns, has owned or knows anything about these rods? The rod number is A183 if that helps. Its in perfect condition with not a single scuff or scratch with original sleeve which again is mint without even a loose thread.

Only thing i've found is this http://www.watsonsrods.co.uk/for_sale.htm (4 one down)

Any info would be great.

Sorry I can't help but it does sound like a nice two piece Avon type rod that could be used for Barbelling, perhaps it is the equivelent to a Richard Walker avon type rod if so it's very nice.

I have an Allocks Adonis which is about eleven foot, again it's an Avon type rod that could be used all round.

What other gear did you manage to recieve at the same time?

Sorry I can't help but it does sound like a nice two piece Avon type rod that could be used for Barbelling, perhaps it is the equivelent to a Richard Walker avon type rod if so it's very nice.

I have an Allocks Adonis which is about eleven foot, again it's an Avon type rod that could be used all round.

What other gear did you manage to recieve at the same time?

Another 10' - 11' 2 piece rod that has absolutely no markings on it so no idea what it is.. Seems to have a nice curve and feel to it. A couple of real old reels: an Intrepid Black Prince and ummm a Galion 14R or something. Got a load of really nice floats, weights, rests and hooks / hooks to nylon. A bunch of the hooks are from woolworths when they used to sell half decent gear. The price tags say 14p :lol: ... Just makes me wonder how old they are :lol: Oh yeah and a nice Daiwa hold plus I think there is a brolly to come.

Can you post any pictures at all??

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))