Homemade Trolley

Steve W

Hi Folks, I haven't been on here for ages. I bought the OK Caper in the end but loved it so much I haven't actually been fishing for over a year.

My paddling is usually done at the end of a long portage over concrete or tarmac so I needed a basic trolley. I used wood (because that's all I can work with) 14cm diameter lawnmower wheels and a length of studding as an axle. Dowels go through the scuppers and hooks on the dowel ends allow a piece of shock-cord to link across once it is in place. Fortunately, it fits in the forward hatch.

Now to try to attach some photos, this was always a baffling ordeal in the old days.

Steve

post-6742-1157476154_thumb.jpg

post-6742-1157476173_thumb.jpg

Hi Folks, I haven't been on here for ages. I bought the OK Caper in the end but loved it so much I haven't actually been fishing for over a year.

My paddling is usually done at the end of a long portage over concrete or tarmac so I needed a basic trolley. I used wood (because that's all I can work with) 14cm diameter lawnmower wheels and a length of studding as an axle. Dowels go through the scuppers and hooks on the dowel ends allow a piece of shock-cord to link across once it is in place. Fortunately, it fits in the forward hatch.

Now to try to attach some photos, this was always a baffling ordeal in the old days.

Steve

should work well on concrete or tarmac but you'll probably find that the wheels will dig in on sand :thumbs:

Team Ocean Kayaks U.K.

Kayaks: Necky vector,Flame SPTW

previous Kayaks:Yellow Ocean Kayaks Caper,Flame Prowler 13,Sunrise Ocean Kayaks Prowler 15 Trident, Perception Dancer XT

assisted rescues---5

longest paddle:65 miles

top speed under sail 11.1mph

SUPERB :) First one I have seen made out of wood, not such a bad medium! can be easily serviced (varnish etc) repairs obviously a doddle, actually looks very neat and tidy, and as you use it mainly for tarmac and concrete etc, I bet it does the job you want perfectly :yeah: The hooks on the posts seema good idea too to stop any jumping of the yak over bumps.

Nice one Steve W

SDD~~~~~ :sun:

Nice lookin trolley SteveW and welcome back, time you got back to some fishing. :D

SM :)

http://www.anglersafloat.co.uk

Kayaks: Ocean Kayak Caper (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Scupper Pro

Ocean Kayak Malibu 2 XL (Sunrise)

Ocean Kayak Trident 15

Wilderness Systems Tarpon 140 Angler (Yellow)

Malibu Mini-X

A member of B.A.S.S www.ukbass.com