Looking for a new venue to fish in Norfolk

Norfolkdan

Hi all,

Wanting to get out with my dad sometime this week and I'm bored of going to the same places all the time. Would ideally love to fish a river with a good chance of bagging up on maggot with float or feeder, but have no idea where's free and where's good. Anyone know of any good river spots round here, with directions and details preferrably please.

Cheers for any help

Dan

According to JW the entire length of the Wensum that falls within the city boundary is free fishing wherever there is public access. I have fished (once) at Hellesdon Park in the winter (6 inches of snow and rod rings freezing up) and caught nowt, ditto on the stretch behind MFI although I gather that there are good fish of most sorts to be had including large carp at the latter and probably at Hellesdon too. Riverside Road is prolific for silver fish with matches regularly held and there is free parking on the roadside ajacent. Whitlingham Park also looks inviting but that is the Yare I think. I am sure there are many more spots out there and I would be just as interested as you to hear of them. You will shortly have a PM Dan.

. Riverside Road is prolific for silver fish with matches regularly held and there is free parking on the roadside ajacent.

Riverside road is certainly prolific (big perch coming out at Carrow Road Bridge) and the parking used to be free there. However with 'improvements' there is practically no parking there now. If you really fancy a river then the Yare at the Beauchamp Arms is brilliant at present for roach on the pole or stick float. 10lb off any peg with the right tide! You need to fish in the slacker water where the current is being pushed away from your bank.

Hi all,

Wanting to get out with my dad sometime this week and I'm bored of going to the same places all the time. Would ideally love to fish a river with a good chance of bagging up on maggot with float or feeder, but have no idea where's free and where's good. Anyone know of any good river spots round here, with directions and details preferrably please.

Cheers for any help

Dan,

try the Ant at Ludham Bridge, it's free for 3.5k either side of the bridge. I went there in August and had a fair bag of Roach and Perch on Maggot and float. Also the park at Wroxham, good size Roach on Sweetcorn. Good Luck,

Enfield250