quality /size ?

chesters1

Chesters, I am sure the camera makers are all desperate to give us smaller and smaller pixels/more detail.

They have upped the res/pix count a huge amount in the last 5 years, obviously it will get more difficult/expensive to double or treble the pixels, but it will come, maybe sooner than we think.

As for the magnifying glass, you can't even do that with film without the grain showing up.

Den

your right Den but you must have noticed you dont get more detail just bigger pictures ,and a lense used on a "real" picture does show grain but depending on the quality of the film ,cheap 200 iso film is poor whatever the camera but you can use a better film you dont have to change the camera to get better detail close up :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

as you can see no exif info exists on it :(

EXIF info exists in every photograph downloaded from a digital camera.

Its how you save it after editing it that determines if the exif remains, Open your downloaded picture, edit then use the "Save As" command and your exif will remain intact. If you just use "Save" or "Save for Web/Mail" you will be deleting the exif info. So if there is no exif info on your shot above its because you have deleted it when you saved your work, using the wrong save function.

As for disadvantages although I have a telephoto lens for medium range but anyone with a 4-5-600mm lens will beat me hands down, likewise with the macro scenario as I dont own one of them either. The point I am making is that everyone is limited in comparison to the next man/woman and it then comes down to being creative with the equipment you have.

I'll go further than that and use Jaybee as an example, he would sit in a hide to get the shot he wanted, you could do the same and wait for your bunny to come closer to get that shot and thats what I mean by using what you already have creatively.

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

i use save as but a box always openssaying

" because of the limitations of the specified file format (and possibly the save options you'v selected) the saved file will be limited to a merged image,would you like to continue"

saying yes lets it save saying no stops it!

its a jpeg being "saved as" a errr jpeg hellllp then i can retract stuff i said before :(

a hide to an 19 stone chap is a tent to others ,the buggers dont come near incase a doggy is tethered inside ,even bunnies learn :D

how about the odd comp (6th monthly) for film camera's so i can strap lenses to my pentax ,no exif though :(

Edited by chesters1

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

What version of Paint shop Pro is it Chesters? I know man who can help on another forum, he can do stuff with Paint shop pro that I had not even thought of in Photoshop.

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet

its 7.4 all updates installed.

it maybe the way i have set it up but i have only really changed the rulers and display to imperial ,little more.

i can strap a couple of lenses to my e550 but for the money its hardly worth it :(

a "telephoto" of dismal focul lenght and a wideangle ,i had hoped it would have been several longer ones and that leant me to buy it ,unfortunately the speed compacts go out of fashion no doupt stopped any more being produced :rolleyes:

for a compact it was (then) very good value for its features ,and having gone from a 4800z a great jump in quality "snaps".

i wonder if anyones managed to weld a digital camera into a P30 so you could use real lenses.

mind you i am getting newer pentax's i am now on a mv1 ,the introduction of digital has great effect on the old cameras ,in 20 years i could be getting a digital pentax thats on the shelves now :D

Edited by chesters1

I have a strong feeling that because its saving a merged image that somehow your working with more than one layer, rather than the original one you opened.

Try Layers/merge or Layers/Flatten before trying to save it. If that does not work I will go and ask some questions.

Focal Planet

honestly all i do is zoom in on the original 'till i got the rabbit .i then put a square dotted dooda round the bit i wanted ,"copied" then "pasted" as a new image then saved as that ???. same happens if i cut then paste as a new image when i save as!! :blink:

just checked again and in the closeup layer1 is layer1 so its just 1 layer :blink:

Edited by chesters1

Okay, we'll get there.

Now I know why your images are not saving the Exif. Your copying and pasting which does not transfer the exif data. Try this..

Use the crop tool instead of the selection tool (you should be able to hover your mouse curser over the tools to see which is which). Zoom in to see the part of the image that you want and make the box around that part with the crop tool, you can resize this box at this stage if you want. The rest of the picture will turn dark as that dark area is the part you will be getting rid of.

From my memory of paint shop pro you then have to click a "tick" to commit the changes, once clicked you should have the image you want, save it now using "Save As" and choosing a new filename for it.

Voila, iamge cropped and saved with Exif intact.....I hope..

Focal Planet

getting there ,click crop dooda ,select area ,click "image"....."crop" (crop is greyed out untill you click the crop dooda) rather than pic going dark it disapears leaving fluffy behind ,save as.....exif viewer .....no exif inf found

:( the warning box doesent now appear though.

if i wasent on poxy dialup i would send the whole darned picture to you heres its exif any clues

Filename : DSCF0299.JPG

JFIF_APP1 : Exif

Main Information

Make : FUJIFILM

Model : FinePix E550

Software : Digital Camera FinePix E550 Ver1.00

DateTime : 2005:04:08 06:43:52

Copyright : DGRANGER

Sub Information

ExposureTime : 1/110Sec

FNumber : F5.6

ExposureProgram : Program Normal

ISOSpeedRatings : 100

ExifVersion : 0220

DateTimeOriginal : 2005:04:08 06:43:52

DateTimeDigitized : 2005:04:08 06:43:52

CompressedBitsPerPixel : 32/10 (bit/pixel)

ShutterSpeedValue : 1/111Sec

ApertureValue : F5.7

BrightnessValue : EV7.4

ExposureBiasValue : EV0.0

MaxApertureValue : F2.8

MeteringMode : Division

LightSource : Unidentified

Flash : Not fired(Compulsory)

FocalLength : 28.80(mm)

ExifImageWidth : 4048

ExifImageHeight : 3040

ExposureMode : Auto

WhiteBalance : Auto

SceneCaptureType : Standard

Sharpness : Normal

SubjectDistanceRange : Unknown

Vendor Original Information

Version : 0130

Quality mode : FINE

Sharpness : NORMAL

White Balance : Auto

Color : NORMAL

Flash mode : Off

Flash strength : 0/100

Macro mode : Off

Focus mode : Auto Focus

SlowSync : Off

Mode : Auto

Sequence Mode : Off

Blurring warning : No

Focus status : Nice

Exposure status : Nice

the exif inf stays if i copy the pic from its folder and paste to the desktop but not in the cropped version :wallbash:

heres the original resised to about 700 pixels ,maybe the crop is to small a part to save the inf

you can see how uninteesting the original is and thats on full zoom :(

Edited by chesters1

Aha Aha, now I see it...when I crop using MGI photosuite I lose the exif data, but if I crop with CS2 then the exif IS saved.

Now I know why I was so puzzled about retaing the exif data.

Den

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic