quality /size ?

chesters1

i can blame my tools then Den :D

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

Its far easier to curse the darkness than light one candle

Mathew 4:19

Grangers law : anything i say will  turn out the opposite or not happen at all!

Life insurance? you wont enjoy a penny!

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see you took the bunny pic at a focal length of 28.8 mm...........at that distance you have no real chance of cropping tight without a lot of pixilation(?)

Even with a 3X zoom (optical) of 90mm you would struggle to enlarge/crop much.

I ended up getting a 10X optical zoom (350mm) and quite often it is not enough, so I added a converter which brought it up to 600mm.

At this point life becomes bearable for bird/bunny shots, but I still use the digi 2X as well a lot of the time.

This brings us back to the pixels business :) with lots of little pixies I can afford to allow for a bit of pixilation and retain a pretty good image.

I'll just post this, then search fo an image taken at approx 600mtrs and full 4X digi and converter (2440mm equivalent).

Back in a minute :)

Den

Edited by poledark

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

for all you Spodders. https://youtu.be/XYxsY-FbSic

theres no sign of pixalation in my close up Den untill i go this far

which as you can see for a compact is pretty good.

Believe NOTHING anyones says or writes unless you witness it yourself and even then your eyes can deceive you

None of this "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" crap it just means i have at least two enemies!

There is only one opinion i listen to ,its mine and its ALWAYS right even when its wrong

"To compel a man to furnish contributions of money for the propagation of opinions which he disbelieves and abhors, is sinful and tyrannical." Thomas Jefferson

Can you see it mrs?? :)

750church.jpg

Den

Edited by poledark

"When through the woods and forest glades I wanderAnd hear the birds sing sweetly in the trees;When I look down from lofty mountain grandeur,And hear the brook, and feel the breeze;and see the waves crash on the shore,Then sings my soul..................

damn you Den pity us on dialup ,and damn you for having a decent zoom us compact users have no chance :schmoll:

Sorry 'bout that Chesters, just wanted to make the point that digis are pretty good even at this early stage in development..maybe 10 years?

I had cropped the original church steeple a bit in MGI photosuite so Exif is lost....trust me, it was at 2440mm equivalent :) Hand held of course :) :) only joking mate, it was on a tripod :)

I have been looking at the Canon C3 SI (?) 12X optical zoom, and there is a converter to go with it, image stabilised etc etc....why would anyone want a DSLR when you can get that lot for about £320 ?

Den (waiting for the howls of rage)

your talking to a person putting stuff on ebay so he can have a weeks camping :D

maybe another time for the camera

I had to scrape the barrel a bit to get my Nikon and converter Chesters, 'specially had a problem with "her indoors" when I wasted £88.00 on a useless Kenco converter, and then asked for £325 to buy another one :)

Thank goodness she still loves me ?). and Mr Fox came up trumps with a bit of "money up front"

Den

"her indoors " in my case is the "earner" we live on her benifits (she's disabled) so even harder to part her from her money :D all i do is watch her ,pick her up when she falls over and chaffeur her about to her carboots and i get a little pocket money finding stuff for ebay which pays for my reels ,its getting harder everyone is going to car boots to sell it on ebay :cry:

its a 6.30 start in the morning to try and get something sellable before the masses arrive :o

Now I know why your images are not saving the Exif. Your copying and pasting which does not transfer the exif data. Try this..

Use the crop tool instead of the selection tool (you should be able to hover your mouse curser over the tools to see which is which). Zoom in to see the part of the image that you want and make the box around that part with the crop tool, you can resize this box at this stage if you want. The rest of the picture will turn dark as that dark area is the part you will be getting rid of.

From my memory of paint shop pro you then have to click a "tick" to commit the changes, once clicked you should have the image you want, save it now using "Save As" and choosing a new filename for it.

While your in the save as box changing the filename, click the options button.. You should have a tickbox there to save exif info.

Voila, image cropped and saved with Exif intact.....I hope..

Steve...:)

Added in a bit in bold for you Chesters, try that one now.

Steve...:)

There are no rules for good photographs, there are only good photographs. - Ansel Adams

Focal Planet