Maggot's, Maggott's every where

Moodyboy

Erm, can you open the windows in Canary Warf ?

If not, you are going to be deeply unpopular.

It might even be worth having a quiet word and getting the area arrounf the fridge (quite a wat arround the fridge) sprayed with insecicide to save you some serious grief.

Species caught in 2020: Barbel. European Eel. Bleak. Perch. Pike.

Species caught in 2019: Pike. Bream. Tench. Chub. Common Carp. European Eel. Barbel. Bleak. Dace.

Species caught in 2018: Perch. Bream. Rainbow Trout. Brown Trout. Chub. Roach. Carp. European Eel.

Species caught in 2017: Siamese carp. Striped catfish. Rohu. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Black Minnow Shark. Perch. Chub. Brown Trout. Pike. Bream. Roach. Rudd. Bleak. Common Carp.

Species caught in 2016: Siamese carp. Jullien's golden carp. Striped catfish. Mekong catfish. Amazon red tail catfish. Arapaima. Alligator gar. Rohu. Black Minnow Shark. Roach, Bream, Perch, Ballan Wrasse. Rudd. Common Carp. Pike. Zander. Chub. Bleak.

Species caught in 2015: Brown Trout. Roach. Bream. Terrapin. Eel. Barbel. Pike. Chub.

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erm, can you open the windows in Canary Warf ?

If not, you are going to be deeply unpopular.

It might even be worth having a quiet word and getting the area arrounf the fridge (quite a wat arround the fridge) sprayed with insecicide to save you some serious grief.

You can't go open the window it's sealed, due to your advice I shall be there on sunday when no ones about with an insecticide to spray "round" the fridge, I won't spray in the fridge as poisoning everybody will only make things worse, although from the reaction there will be very few people using the fridge for the next few days, thinking about it I will also take up the floor tiles as well to have a look.

Thanks Ken, good idea

Dan

Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes

i know the feeling, went for a couple hours fishing before work, had a good session, got to work anf forgot to take the maggots out my car, once box was fine, but the little pinkies had crawled through the lid in the heat.

cleaned them up. but just coming to the end of the fly stage, just the odd one suddely appears on the windscreen while driving along lol. had to leave sun roof open while car was park so they could find a way out.

smac

woman want me, fish fear me

There's a simple answer - take some chickens into the office. They go mad for newly emerged flies that are still struggling for their pilot's licence.

English as tuppence, changing yet changeless as canal water, nestling in green nowhere, armoured and effete, bold flag-bearer, lotus-fed Miss Havishambling, opsimath and eremite, feudal, still reactionary, Rawlinson End.

Yes.. and then to get rid of the chickens may I reccomend a pair of foxes?

Yes good idea, then maybe get a local hunting lodge to get the foxes, then if hunt gets out of order bring in some sabs- although from previous threads getting rid of sabs maybe be bit of a problem apparently it a waste of time to then get in the police

I'm sure work won't mind -maggotts/flies/insecticide poisioning/chickens/foxes/sabs/police all flying round the office

Thsanks more excellent advice form Anglers.net!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by Moodyboy

Experience is the name everyone gives to their mistakes

I remember going to Ireland fishing once (before the HSS and supercats). We were taking our own bait as there wasn't a shop near where we were going. We made sure the maggots were as cold as possible by putting those ice bricks (for picnic boxes) in with them.

After a five hour crossing we went down to the car deck. There were maggot trails all over the van windows and quite a few maggots on the floor. We were finding them in the van all the time we were there.

I really pitied the person who hired the van after us as the weather was just begining to warm up and all these critters were just getting ready to turn.

We learned our lesson and after that put them in old pillowcases which could be securely tied.