Greys Beachcaster rod advice

BoldBear

I am a coarse angler who has decided to venture onto the dark side and start doing some fishing from the beach (next to where I have just bought a static caravan) LOL. But knowing very little about beach casting rods I was hoping for a little help.

I know that Greys make decent coarse and fly rods but can anyone tell me what the entry level 'Greys 13ft beachcaster rods' are like? I was looking at the basic £109 rod; are Greys beachcasters OK? Or should I look at another rod manufacturer?

Thanks in advance

Keith

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Bold bear try the world sea fishing forum should get a wealth of advice there if no one here can help

We are not putting it back it is a lump now put that curry down and go and get the scales

have I told you abouit the cruise control on my Volvo ,,,,,,,bla bla bla Barder rod has it come yet?? and don`t even start me on Chris Lythe :bleh::icecream:

Bold bear the topic is simply too big to reply in a simple forum shout it all depends on where you are planning to go and what you want to achieve dropm me a pm and I will give you my mobi number for a chat and I can guide you through some of it easily enough.

"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical

minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which

holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd

by the clean end"

Cheers

Alan

What marks do you intend to fish,

Rocky

Rough bottom

Sandy bottom

Bearing in mind Greys rod carry a life time gaurantee. If its just a dabble, why buy an expensive rod. Greys rods IMHO are a class product. But thats my personal choice.

Why not pop into the local tackle shop and try one out, feel it and get the " feel of it " to see if it suits you. Personally i have always used Century rods, or Zziplex, both excellent rods, but can be pricey.

Greys GRX-S SHORE ROD Try the link, rod for £98.99 until the end of the month

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

What marks do you intend to fish,

Rocky

Rough bottom

Sandy bottom

Bearing in mind Greys rod carry a life time gaurantee. If its just a dabble, why buy an expensive rod. Greys rods IMHO are a class product. But thats my personal choice.

Why not pop into the local tackle shop and try one out, feel it and get the " feel of it " to see if it suits you. Personally i have always used Century rods, or Zziplex, both excellent rods, but can be pricey.

Greys GRX-S SHORE ROD Try the link, rod for £98.99 until the end of the month

Hi Andrew,

The beach is sand and shingle between some large man made rocky outcrops on a fairly steep and deepish beach. I heard from a local that there are quite a lot of Bass and other fish caught close to the rocks so very long casts are not really needed.

This stretch is also known for Skate & Dogfish which are very occasionally hooked from the beach.

Since I posted asking for advice on Rods; the wife had already ordered a couple of rods for my son and I without telling us; because she wanted it to be a surprise; and she ordered us a pair of Greys GRX-S Shore rods LOL..

Keith

Edited by BoldBear

Happiness is Fish shaped (it used to be woman shaped but the wife is getting on a bit now)

Good choice, nice for Bassing from the beach.

Have fun, but most of all BE SAFE.

Have a look online for some good bass advise. Ragworm baits, Bass seem to love em.

Edited by Andrew

"La conclusión es que los insultos sólo perjudican cuando vienen de alguien que respeto". e5006689.gif

“Vescere bracis meis”

No problem, keep us informed how you get on.

“Vescere bracis meis”