Caught something differint

dbrennan

I have only recently taken up coarse fishing and have been feeder fishing with maggots the regents canal at kings x at least once a week every week since i did about 3 months ago, All i ever catch are Bream,Roach & Perch but yesterday evening I caught 3 eels can anybody tell me why I suddenly started catching something differint and what else is in that stretch of canal.

Thanks in advance

maybe due to teh warm weather,eels love warm weather,i would have thought thier would be carp in there,also tench and jack pike,nice to see you can still catch in an inner city canal.

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

maybe due to teh warm weather,eels love warm weather,i would have thought thier would be carp in there,also tench and jack pike,nice to see you can still catch in an inner city canal.

I used to fish the regents in Kings Cross for a few years until a year or two ago.

I'd go with my son Jack, and he'd get the usual roach, perch and skimmer bream, and I would go for the Carp or pike.

I have caught no carp there in the 5 sessions I tried (many stories of bigguns down there), and only 1 pike on the lure. Having said that I have had 2 screaming takes on the pike, both of which were uncharacteristically lost by myself.

I also once lost an eel at the net that went for my mackerel deadbait.

The reason I stopped going was the other thing I kept catching - plastic bags!

Is it still plagued with them down there?

I have been tempted to go back there to go for the pike again but the blanking and the plastic bags go way too much.

Where abouts do you fish on the stretch?

Cheers,

Simon

www.myspace.com/boozlebear

"All i ever catch are Bream,Roach & Perch "

Not bad going then if you`ve only recently taken up the sport.I think for the first few years I fished i caught nothing but Perch!Not that I`m complaining mind I loved every minute and it was a good way to learn.Anyway that was as a kid,later more serious things in life took over and it wasn`t until years later I got hooked again whilst showing my own son how to catch perch in the very same water.Unfortunately they`d moved on too!!

I used to fish the regents in Kings Cross for a few years until a year or two ago.

I'd go with my son Jack, and he'd get the usual roach, perch and skimmer bream, and I would go for the Carp or pike.

I have caught no carp there in the 5 sessions I tried (many stories of bigguns down there), and only 1 pike on the lure. Having said that I have had 2 screaming takes on the pike, both of which were uncharacteristically lost by myself.

I also once lost an eel at the net that went for my mackerel deadbait.

The reason I stopped going was the other thing I kept catching - plastic bags!

Is it still plagued with them down there?

I have been tempted to go back there to go for the pike again but the blanking and the plastic bags go way too much.

Where abouts do you fish on the stretch?

Cheers,

Simon

The Caledonian road end and their is still quite a large population of plastic bags in it.

Fished there again last night usual Roach,Bream & Perch but no sign of any eels.

The Caledonian road end and their is still quite a large population of plastic bags in it.

Fished there again last night usual Roach,Bream & Perch but no sign of any eels.

Perhaps you could upgrade to Hamstead Heath, some nice roach, perch, carp, ghost carp, pike and also tench in there.

All you need is your rod license to fish there and you have several ponds to chose from and permit is free.

www.myspace.com/boozlebear