Off to France on Fri

RobStubbs

Just thought I'd rub it in that whilst you're all hard at work next week I'll be fishing by the side of a large French lake having a nice cold beer :D

I've never been there before but some of the guys I'm going with have. It has done some big fish in the past so here's hoping one of them decides to pay me a visit.

Rob.

Best of luck mate, whats your approach going to be, fill it in or slowly slowly catchy monkey......

I almost never fill it in - if I do I more often than not find it buggers up the results. I see it as fishing for one fish at a time and top up after each fish. Probably be up to 100 boilies on the heaviest baited rod to start, 20 or so on the lowest and see what happens. I've got a week to see how it's going and see if the fish are in the swim or not (only downside is I probably wont be able to move as it's one of these 'book your swim before you go' venues)

Still, looking forward to it !

Rob.

good luck, hope the weather holds

Not too sure what I want from the weather. Perhaps some nice dry weather to set up in, then some wet and windy bits to fish in for a few days. Then some sun so I can sunbath after catching a few nice fish ;)

Whatever, I'm sure it'll be fun.

Rob.

• 2 weeks later...

Just got back last night, we had 46 fish between 12 of us which is still not great for the venue, although better than the 5 the week before. They went something like;

5 x 50's (2 commons)

5 x 40's

1 or 2 x 30's

20 x 20's and a few doubles

I was lucky enough to have the biggest of the week (I think) - a 54lb mirror :D

I'm now back off to bed as I'm completely knackered after a horrendous drive home (UK).

Rob.