Is this sustainable bass fishing? it must be as they have a marine stewardship certificate to prove it.

stavey

I suppose these sort of catches and has had no baring on how many bass i have not caught this year?

httphttphttp://www.bbc.co.uk/southerncounties/content/image_galleries/hastings_greaves_gallery.shtml?5

No worries though as these guys fish sustainably as they have proved it to the msc and have the certificate :) and theres plenty of fish :lol: for now.

Still we are all ignorant anglers on here and we all know nothing about the current situation, ah well....................

I Fish For Sport Not Me Belly

the MSc principles

http://www.msc.org/assets/docs/fishery_cer...mp;Criteria.doc

outline that the fishery must maintain a healthy population of targetted species. Healthy is not a term I would use for the bass population as the current determination of 'healthy' (presumably by ICES) takes no account of the use of that population by RSA, or the general public.

I still think slot sizes is the way to go, but suspect the politics would make it imposable.

Larger fish have more sucsessfull spawnings with more virile eggs and stronger fry, they also spawn more eggs than say a 42cm fish.

So maybe we should only take a few small ones?

BASS MEMBER

IGFA Member.

Supporting ethical angling practices and wise use and conservation of fishery resources!

SACN Member.

NFSA Member.

Getting confused by politics!

MY LIST IS LONGER THAN YOURS!

Hello Stavey

Still we are all ignorant anglers on here and we all know nothing about the current situation, ah well....................

You said that, not me. For once I agree with you.

Hello Julian

I would suggest lots of complaints on the basis that the current MLS of 36, soon to be 40cm, does not allow the speices to breed once, and therefore it cannot be 'sustainable'

It is sustainable if there are enough survivors reaching breeding age, as there seems to be plenty of juvenile bass around these days there must be enough.

I fish to live and live to fish.

Hello Stavey

bass around these days there must be enough.

Ahoy there cap'n wurzel

most anglers maybe a little ignorant to some commercial behaviours/practices? but they are not blinded by them thats for sure, tell me wurzel what part of conservation or the idea of it doe's your brain seem not able to grasp?????????

Ah, but Stavey there are loads of baby Bass (survivors!) so it stands to reason that there will be loads of big bass (hello) in the future without the commercials having to look after anything in their industry apart from me me. Just look at the Cod ha ha ha.

They live with tunnel vision mate. Don't give sweet FA to any sort of conservation. Hope their grand kids aren't going in to their industry. They'll have their fore fathers to blame for nowt to catch.....

Edited by Pugs

B.A.S.S

IPB Image

IPB Image

Hello Stavey

Hello stavey

Ahoy there cap'n wurzel

most anglers maybe a little ignorant to some commercial behaviours/practices? but they are not blinded by them thats for sure, tell me wurzel what part of conservation or the idea of it doe's your brain seem not able to grasp?????????

Brain???? what brain? would not be a commercial fisherman if I had a brain!

I fish to live and live to fish.

Hello Stavey

Hello stavey

Ahoy there cap'n wurzel

Brain???? what brain? would not be a commercial fisherman if I had a brain!

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

I will have to return the compliment as you say