Thames Pollution

jedibond

Makes my blood boil this, the second time in two years here

:angry::angry::angry:

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

Last Updated: Thursday, 14 September 2006, 14:18 GMT 15:18 UK

Current.

" My choices in life were either to be a piano player in a whore house or a politician. And to tell the truth, there's hardly any difference!" - Harry Truman, 33rd US President

I've just got back from a week in Ibiza and wanted to go fishing tomorrow due to one more day off before I have to go back to work. I figured i'd come on here to see what i'd missed and catch up on the last 3 pages of threads when I come across this.

I'm just totally gobsmacked that they're still just thinking about a solution 2 years on from when they dumped a billion tonnes in!! I can't believe that its happened again albeit on a smaller scale, it still happened and just as the river was recovering. I live in Isleworth which is where they have just put hydrogen peroxide in to oxygenate the water from Mogden.. I'm hoping the fish and fishing wont be too seriously effected and that the H2O2 helps the stretch of river near me as the Thames in Isleworth, Richmond and Twickenham are the only places I fish. Last time it said that Isleworth, Richmond, Brentford and Kew got hit hard so only the next few trips will tell I guess.

An awful story.

Anyone else notice the picture of a Zander? Are they common in the Thames these days?

yep,getting everywhere mate,even the tributarys :thumbs:

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!