Question from a Numpty

Paul_D

Without doing any research on what lens I should buy for having my first bash at macro photography. I took up an offer today at Jessops to buy one of these (allegedly) at half price with my new SLR. Basically, I thought until I got to grips with this digital malarky I'd compromise and not buy two separate lenses i.e. a macro as well as a more powerfull zoom. Will it suffice for my first novice attempts....any thoughts anybody?

Paul

Flippin' heck.....these DSLR's are a bit different to the old point and shoot......Wow! Just going to consult the old manual to find out how to review the shots taken so far.

Paul

Flippin' heck.....these DSLR's are a bit different to the old point and shoot......Wow! Just going to consult the old manual to find out how to review the shots taken so far.

They sure are Paul ..... A whole new ball game !!!

If you are going exclusively for macro shots then a dedicated macro lens may be better for your purpose. If, however, you are just going to take the occasional macro then a general purpose lens with macro facility will probably fit the bill.

Unfortunately, there is no one lens that will do everything at the same time !!

Enjoy your digital ..... :lol::lol:

The Older I get .. The better I was.