A whale dead after eating crab potts

big_cod

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Strange !!!!

Looks like a Minke Whale with the white patches on its pectoral fins!

Why would a whale eat pots !!!when herring and sprats etc would be the normal food,more likely entangled in the pot ropes!!

Is that a Minky cleauseau.......Thats what i said....a Minky!!!(add your own french accent)

ban poting!

Do you really want to ban pot Sam?

Guest challenge

Look lads I think you’re missing the point here. There must be away of blaming commercial fishermen for this sad outcome.

So if we can start by banning crab pots and of course the boats that carry them.

Ban gill nets in fact ban any static gear that the whale might decide it wants to eat.

We would also have to ban trawling, just in case a whale (that is feeling a bit drowsy) mistakenly decides to swim into and eat a trawl net.

We could also ask the government to remove all gas and oil installations from the north sea in case (the whales finding that they have nothing now left to eat) decide that an oil platform leg looks as deliciously inviting as any run of the mill crab pot.

Surly then we would have to remove all piers and jetty’s in case the whale get really ravenous.

Look lads I think you’re missing the point here. There must be away of blaming commercial fishermen for this sad outcome.

So if we can start by banning crab pots and of course the boats that carry them.

Ban gill nets in fact ban any static gear that the whale might decide it wants to eat.

We would also have to ban trawling, just in case a whale (that is feeling a bit drowsy) mistakenly decides to swim into and eat a trawl net.

We could also ask the government to remove all gas and oil installations from the north sea in case (the whales finding that they have nothing now left to eat) decide that an oil platform leg looks as deliciously inviting as any run of the mill crab pot.

Surly then we would have to remove all piers and jetty’s in case the whale get really ravenous.

is this serious or just a joke???

Adam Broadley!

Me

Whitby Sea Anglers

You should consider joining wwf. You sound like their sort of person . :lol:

• 4 weeks later...
Is that a Minky cleauseau.......Thats what i said....a Minky!!!(add your own french accent)

Did they have a licence for the Minky?

There's a fine line between fishing and standing on the shore like an idiot!

Its nice here! http://www.twfcorfu.com