Twitchen Park Ilfracombe

dars-me-name

Hi there,

We live just 5 miles from Twitchen Farm/Park in Woolacombe yet have never fished it, so can't offer any tips...sorry, but i'd be interested to hear how you get on!

btw, don't know if you know, but a long section of the A3123 is closed for road repairs just outside Ilfracombe near Mulacott Cross, therefore you may be better taking the A361 through Braunton to get to Twitchen Park. (depending on which way you are coming of course) :)

all the best.

Stu.

Hi there,

We live just 5 miles from Twitchen Farm/Park in Woolacombe yet have never fished it, so can't offer any tips...sorry, but i'd be interested to hear how you get on!

btw, don't know if you know, but a long section of the A3123 is closed for road repairs just outside Ilfracombe near Mulacott Cross, therefore you may be better taking the A361 through Braunton to get to Twitchen Park. (depending on which way you are coming of course) :)

all the best.

Stu.

My best advice is don't count on fishing here! 3 very small ponds, each fractionally no bigger than the caravan we stayed in! Extremely disappointing!

We did chance on a picturesque fishing lake near by called “Little Comfort Farm.” Not overall very deep at 3-4 feet but with some deep area’s to 8 feet. Plenty of sport with good quality Roach and Rudd to 1 lb average and Skimmer to 2 lb, although I lost carp the current lake record stands at 16 lb 4 oz. Only fished for about 4 hours but the fishing was brisk and very enjoyable. A very friendly and enjoyable venue, I hope to revisit in the future when in the area.