What your angling weakness ?

chavender

When I am fly fishing I carry everything I need in my pockets, (well, maybe not the rod ) and I still tramp miles to fish remote lochans.

The problem with pikeing is the need for good bite indication, multiple rods, somewhere to sit for the long wait, unhooking mats, large landing net and loads of bait. Difficult to get into the pockets :)

P.S. did I mention the brolly, stove, kettle and tea making equipment and something to read :P

Why do you need more than one rod? And why can't you hold it in your hand? The best 'bite indication' around. If your not going to hold the rod in your had then you may as well do without the bloody thing and just use a set line. What do you need a brolly for, dress up warm, put on some waterproofs, t the end of the day your skin is impervious to water and as for somewhere to sit, that's what god gave you an ass for ;). Haven't you learned anything since you moved to God's country.

Are you sure you don't have a bivvie too?;)

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!
Mi, ch’fais toudis à m’mote

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think I'm fairly competent in most areas, though I don't think I can "read" a beach the way I can read a river or lake. There's a big difference between competence and excellence, though. I'm not bad at trotting (a lot better when I don't use a pin :) ), but I've known a few masters of the art, and they are in another league. I had a mate at school who had grown up fishing river matches with his father, himself a very successful matchman. I could usually match or beat him on a stillwater, but with a stickfloat he was lethal. He could sit in your swim after you'd spent an hour blanking on it and quickly start to catch fish, and you could never see quite what he was doing differently. His dad was the same. Infuriating!

The good thing about a beach is that you can scout it out at low tide, you can actually walk over the ground that you are going to fish on some hours later.

I had an uncle like that. Many a night we would be fly fishing together and he would say 'I'm off back to the house now, they've gone off the take for tonight" of course being an impetous youth I would want to stay and fish on. I never used to catch very much after he had gone though.

The problem isn't what people don't know, it's what they know that just ain't so.
Vaut mieux ne rien dire et passer pour un con que de parler et prouver que t'en est un!

My weakness is well shaped birds, with ample arses, in tight waders!

Like these? http://thelatexstore.com/proddetail.php?pr...cat=12&nav=

Edited by corydoras

Why do you need more than one rod? And why can't you hold it in your hand? The best 'bite indication' around. If your not going to hold the rod in your had then you may as well do without the bloody thing and just use a set line. What do you need a brolly for, dress up warm, put on some waterproofs, t the end of the day your skin is impervious to water and as for somewhere to sit, that's what god gave you an ass for ;). Haven't you learned anything since you moved to God's country.

Are you sure you don't have a bivvie too?;)

What, get caught without my 3 matching rods and my rod pod ?

As for giving up my chair and brolly in a climate like this, why would I want to do such a thing. If I have learned one thing since moving to Gods country it is always to have access to a brolly :)

And yes, I do have a bivvie, but it's for personal use, honest :rolleyes:

Edited by Sportsman

Let's agree to respect each others views, no matter how wrong yours may be.

Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity

http://www.safetypublishing.co.uk/
http://www.safetypublishing.ie/

What, get caught without my 3 matching rods and my rod pod ?

As for giving up my chair and brolly in a climate like this, why would I want to do such a thing. If I have learned one thing since moving to Gods country it is always to have access to a brolly :)

And yes, I do have a bivvie, but it's for personal use, honest :rolleyes:

It's good to have a giggle from time to time, is it not?

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Edited by corydoras

When I am deadbaiting for Pike a reluctance to move or change swims if the one I'm in is not producing.

Moving all that gear I suppose

mobility!! is the key certainly on the rivers :clap2:

AKA RATTY

LondonBikers.Com....Suzuki SV1000S K3 Rider and Predator Crazy Angler!

Float fishing is a definate weakness of mine, i mean why cast in the water if you can cast in a nearby tree, shrub, undergrowth in fact anything near to me.

Also my hook tying, i have great sausage like fingers which are not adapted to anything delicate so im always unsure on my hooks, they dont let me down however it just takes ages to tie them. Thick lines im ok on the thinner stuff i struggle.

Other weaknesses keep changing baits if im not catching instead of sticking with it.

Casting sometimes im good, other times all over the place

Im sure this is just a few of my weaknesses and these are just off the top of my head.