Grayling Bash, Timsbury 2006

Tony U

As Argyll, is incapacitated at the moment I'm going to try to organise (with the assistance of KAYC), the Anglers Net Annual Grayling bash on the River Test at Timsbury Manor (just outside Romsey, Hampshire), on Sunday 5th November 2006.

For those of you that have never fished this river before, its an opportunity to meet up and put a few more faces to names and experience one of the finest chalk streams in the country outside of the normal game fishing season. Last year we caught grayling, chub, dace, roach, perch, brown trout, rainbow trout, sea trout, carp, almost a pike and some record breaking minnows. All on float rods and a few pints of maggots. I Have booked the whole of the Timsbury Manor beats for our exclusive use on the day.

Numbers will be about 20 (some places are already spoken for) so don’t hang around, last year there were a number of disappointed stragglers. Price is £15 per head and must be paid in advance. I will consider putting on the Barbecue spread if enough people express an interest, this will amount to an additional £15.00 per head

Edited by Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Argyll

I and indeed we, are all glad to hear you will be up and about.

Team hotel will be Travelodge Sutton Scotney as Eastney has no cheap rooms on Saturday night.

Tony U

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

i'll be cheaky now (as i'm booked to go on october 22nd) & ask what are the rules especially concerning braid ! and is there any cheap local campsites ect ,i would love too go with you guys as well but cost wise i carn't manage two trips down.

owls22dx.gif

Chavender
I try to be funny... but sometimes I merely look it! hello.gif Steve

Will there be a barbecue?

If so, can I have Ferret's spare burger, please? :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Seph and Elton, I take it I can put you both down for this one then?

Edited by Tony U

Tony

Seph and Elton, I take it I can put you both down for this one then?

My attendance, or non-attendance, will be based on the reply I get to my burger-related question. :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

Guest Ferret1959

Bugger, bugger, bugger.

I'm in S/Set that weekend, sounds like an easy trip to Timsbury as I normally do but Yasmin will NOT be happy and as it's her weekend at my folks place seems I won't be comming grayling fishing this time. :( :( :(