Grayling Bash, Timsbury 2006

Tony U

Heres Andrew wrestling a grayling.

timsbury2006004.jpg

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes: I must learn to hold that grayling still next time! :rolleyes:

Any way I got home this afternoon after spend a night down at Budgie.

Well I enjoy my myself as usual on every single time when someone do organise an AnglersNet fish ins. Well the fishing was alright as I manage a bit of float fishing but after a hour, I gave up and went on the feeder misses quite a few bites in the first half hour and manage to catch a couple of grayling and one refused to hold still for the picture! After that Budgie join me for the rest of the day and we had some plenty of laugh including the Budgie ill fated cast with a blockend feeder and rod tip tangling in the trees! :P

Also I saw Dunk with the ill fated battle with a super carp in the pool at the top of the slow carrier shame about the other angler float was in the way!

Thank for Tony for organise it and thanks for Kevin for taking over when Tony had personal problems

Growing old is inevitable but growing up is optional

http://www.bass-online.co.uk/

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As soon as i stepped out of the house Sunday morning i had my doubts about the comming sport.Not a problem with the hard frost but the big moon told me it would most likely be a struggle.

As myself and Andrew left Ashford the car thermometer was showing +2 but as we pulled in to Timsbury it was reading a chilly -3.I think I would have been better off going piking!

As said by others though the weather tutned out great for a November morning.The water was quite low (I thought?) and quite clear.In a change to my normal Timsbury MO I started on the slow carrier working on the premise that I normally fish it in the afternoon and that may be why I havnt been to sucsessfull with the roach......

After scrapping a reasonable one last year in the later part of the day I surpassed myself this year with a total blank! As others have said though the slow carrier just didnt look right.

The early afternoon saw me moving over to the swim I often start on on the main river.My brother was fishing it and had taken a couple of grayling. About the third trot down I hooked a fish and promptly lost it! same on trot 4 and 5! A bit later I landed a grayling that was even smaller than the one in Ferrets photo from last year! Fortunately that was followed a few casts later by a sea trout that unfortunately came off at the net whilst we were mucking around filming it! Never mind though all great fun and it saved handling it.

Mean while between most fish I managed to poke the tip of my 16' rod into the tree overhead! Soon got the hump with this and as the fish seemed to want a really slow/stationary bait I copied Andrew and got my feeder rod out.It actually seemed most "wrong" to be chucking a plastic pig about on the Test! Never caught a grayling on the feeder so thought it would be a good idea.Several suicidal brownies later I still hadnt.

We decided to move up to the pool by the car park have some lunch and a leisurely end to the day.Once again I caught a small roach from this pool in previous years.When we got there Leon and dunc were fishing it so we decided to sit and have a chat ,a spot of lunch and call it a day.It was nice watching dunc land some beutifully coloured perch but even more fun when while we were sat under the BBQ shelter drinking tea watch him playing a carp! Three Doors Down was kindly helping him play it too!

A great day (as I always find Timsbury a very restfull place er well since not having to answer works constant phone calls that is) Great weather despite Leon being there! Great company!

Many thanks for the effort put in by Tony and also to KAYC for picking up the baton when Tony and Sue had problems.

I supose I also should thank my stout sibling for paying for the day,driving down from the Midlands and picking me up and being great company for the afternoon!

Oh for the record the tackle shop "maggot" bill was a combined £20 something!

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

A great day, as someone has already said, lovely to see some old friends and meet some new ones :) Just wish I'd left Liam at home as he outfished me :angry: I managed 2 gudgeon at the end of the day so at least I did'nt blank :rolleyes:

Liam, or Liam7 had 3 roach, 1 grayling a small brown trout and a few minnows. Liam's 1st grayling came off which resulted in the rod being thrown down and tears. When I said to ferrett that he was crying he looked at me and asked Liam's age. I was tempted to say 30 but I did explain he was only 11 :lol:

That lure....... It looked more like one of my brothers marlin lures than a pike lure :lol:

As Leon said it's a shame you can't spend as much time talking as you do fishing.

Thanks to Tony & KAYC for stepping in and taking over.

Here's to the next AN fish in.

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!

Thanks for all your kind condolences, we arrived back home today. Tony had a pint with Snatcher at Whitley Bay to cheer him up but this was short lived after the dismal performance by newcastle united when he went to see them at St James Park. Never mind- we can now start to plan the next AN fish in- I hear a Pike Trip calling? Hope you all had a good trip and caught better than last year- hope it didnt rain?We were thinking of you!

Great day as always, and Soozie, I did spare a thought or two for you. Next time eh?

I think the water was too clear, with too much sun. It looked a lovely river for Dace, but the Grayling were a bit too clever. It must be Leon's fault.

Shame about the Carp, as I hooked it in my Perch "Hotspot", as I'd just described it to Elton. It's a shame I lost it, as it buggered up the whole wier pool for the rest of the day.

Great to see everyone again, and to meet Lyn and a few others briefly.

If anyone needs digs/bait etc for the Rother Pike fish-in, I can organise as required. Tony and Sue, please get a date sorted ASAP!

Dunk Fairley

Fighting for anglers' rights - Join SAA today at http://www.saauk.org

Well, many thanks for organising the trip, it was certainly an enjoyable and relaxing day!

It was also good to meet the fabled anglers' net fraternity.

I enjoyed some arm-wrenching battles with huge minnows in the slow carrier and a few small perch thrown in for measure. I spent the last two hours fishing the main river for a huge roach - what an enchanting piece of water it was, I can only imagine how spectacular is looks in the summer!! My roach fishing was hopeless, and I kept getting woken up by Anderoo battling with Brown Trout (please tell your trout to be more considerate next time...)!!

All in all, a great day, great place and good people. As I was packing up I went to get my torch to show the way back to the car park but I had no need for that - Vidars pike lure (which reminded me of a Doctor Who monster) was visibly glowing neon green - so we just followed that...........

(P.S. Will send your grayling pics soon Andrew)

' The "Dandy of the Stream", a veritable Beau Brummell, that is the Perch and well he knows it!' --The Observers's Book of Freshwater Fishes of the British Isles

Visit My Galleries

Guest Ferret1959

Well I have just got back......................will report tomorra.:D

Thanks Tony and Kev for sorting the day for us. ;)

Dave.

Well I have just got back......................will report tomorra.:D

Thanks Tony and Kev for sorting the day for us. ;)

Dave.

Did you walk home Ferret :blink::lol::lol:

Edited by Jigotai

Did you walk home Ferret :blink::lol::lol:

He meant to turn left out of the fishery, but went right instead. It's been a tough couple of days for him since.... :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE