Grayling Bash, Timsbury 2006

Tony U

Bugger, bugger, bugger.

I'm in S/Set that weekend, sounds like an easy trip to Timsbury as I normally do but Yasmin will NOT be happy and as it's her weekend at my folks place seems I won't be comming grayling fishing this time. :( :( :(

In that case Elton, you can have all of Ferrets burgers (assuming of course we have the barbecue).

Tony

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As Argyll, is incapacitated at the moment I'm going to try to organise (with the assistance of KAYC), the Anglers Net Annual Grayling bash on the River Test at Timsbury Manor (just outside Romsey, Hampshire), on Saturday 5th November 2006.

Damn!

I've got this booked for that date:

http://www.prodrive.com/level3.html?id=14

It's not the free one (mine's second hand) and I've paid a deposit. Otherwise, I'd have taken the grayling.

Well done for picking up the baton Tony and great to hear you should be up for it Gerry.

I like Timsbury! and our fish ins there! Should imagine that me and the stout sibling will be attending (will speak to him tonight) but will confirm in the next day or two.

Im seriously tempted to give the main river and its grayling a miss all together this year and spend the whole day on the slow carrier after one of its huge roach.Then again that kind of defeats the object doesnt it! well half a day on the main river and the afternoon on the carrier then.It did a 3lbr last year dont forget.

BBQ? Not sure yet.

And thats my "non indicative opinion"!

Hi Tony,

I'd like to come too, is it Saturday 4th or Sunday 5th though ? ;)

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

Just spoke to Nic (3DoorsDown) - put us down for , please....once you've confirmed which day it is :D

Anglers' Net Shopping Partners - Please Support Your Forum

CLICK HERE for all your Amazon purchases - books, photography equipment, DVD's and more!

CLICK HERE for Go Outdoors. HUGE discounts!

FOLLOW ANGLERS' NET ON TWITTER- CLICK HERE - @anglersnet

PLEASE 'LIKE' US ON FACEBOOK - CLICK HERE

I have just sent the cheque off to them, its going to be Sunday 5th November.

Anyone seen Jeepster? last time I met him he said he was interested in going.

Tony

After a certain age, if you don't wake up aching in every joint, you are probably dead.

I have just sent the cheque off to them, its going to be Sunday 5th November.

Anyone seen Jeepster? last time I met him he said he was interested in going.

In that case Tony, put me down for a place please !

Ta

:sun:

Ian

"If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you"

I have treated myself to a center pin and was really looking forward to trying it out and seeing everyone again and you choose a Sunday :( I am tied up with football on a Sunday and as manger of Liams team I can hardly not be there :(

Maybe the Itchen one could be on a Saturday please........... :) I would love to have gone to Timsbury again, having missed out last year with Dad & myself being ill.

Oh well I hope you all have a great day.

:):) I just had a look at the league table and it is the next round of the Surrey Cup that weekend so it depends on if they win on Sunday or not. I will let you know Sunday night. I am now regretting offering one of our other teams some of my players inc Liam :headhurt:

Gerry, great to see you posting.

lyn

One life, live it, love it, fish it!