Top Gear accident

*Ant*

I know I am being called all sorts of things. As previously posted, they are well compensated for the dangers, I have already said that I regret the trauma to the family.

To me the real heros in England go unnoticed: for example:

A disabled person trying to act as 24/7 carer for a very disabled wheelchair bound person. Do they get help from the government or other people? do they heck!!

An official came to them the other day and said that as they were living under the same roof, they were living as MAN AND WIFE!!!! Then tried to take some of there meagre government allowance!

The funny thing is when the woman said would they say that if it were 2 men or 2 women in the same house, would the decision be the same. The official said no and was given a flea in his ear about discrimination.

And you wonder why I am unsympathetic. OK, he has been hurt, but everything possible will be done to assist him back to health, REGARDLESS OF COST!!

Klienboet, do you own a TV, a Radio, a book on fishing or any book, a DVD, Video recorder. Do you read the news paper.

I guess one of the above will be true. Now which ever one of the above you pay for, do you not want the best, to read the best report, or watch the best dvd, video.

I work hard at my job, and im on a performance bonus. i put alot of time and effort into what i do, sometimes work in my own time to increase that.

my point is, that, if you want the best you pay for the best. in this world we have a choice. these people work very hard at what they do, and should be rewarded accordingly.

I think your arm chair is a time machine, and stuck in the 50s mate, push the button and move into the right century.

smac

woman want me, fish fear me

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Call me whatever you like:

We have had everybody saying how bad the country had got when Demeneziz (sp) got shot. If he had been carrying a bomb, the police would have been lauded all over the country. The fact that he was an illegal immigrant doesn't count.

Steve Irwin was a multimillionaire from his dangerous antics in front of the camera. He diced with death every time he went in front of the camera. How long do you think he would have carried on for?

The BBC wouldn't pay a man £100k per episode for him sitting in front of a desk.

The TV companies will pay big money for high-risk television programmes, BECAUSE WE WANT TO SEE THEM DICE WITH DEATH!!

They also pay very big money for football games, enabling the players to be payed obscene amounts to play, because THE PUBLIC WANT TO WATCH THEM!!

I am not being a Victor Meldrew or a miserable git, but looking at the situation in a balanced way!

The students who were taken to hospital because the medicinal trial went differently than expected, were all poor martyrs. If it had gone as planned, nothing more would be said or at least they (the students) would have been called lazy gits getting money for nothing!

Kleinboet,have you never heard the saying "When in a hole,Stop digging?" :wallbash:

Whatever your feelings about overpaid TV performers,the fact remains that Hammy Hammond is a well liked and respected personality and your kicking him whilst he's down will gain you credit from no one!

OI OI,

can no one see where K.B. is comming from only me for christ sake give the bloke a break will you

i to am sad about his accident & look faward to a speedy recovery, weather he will ever want to drive again is another thing but i hope he does because the three of them work well to-gether, well lets be honest they are as mad as a box of frog's. (what's that meen) anyway there all crackers good luck to him & a speedy return to his family (no pun intended)

:headhurt::):)

BILL.........nemo mortalium omnibus horis sapit,

ENGLAND & ST GEORGE, C,MON

BRUMMIE IN EXSILE..........yo aint sin me roite

I would like the posters that are posting remarks about buying the best, and when in a hole, stop digging, to swap places with me for a month. Although disabled, they must cook their own meals (if they can afford them with the government "hand outs") keep the house clean, do the washing, shopping?, gardening etc. And remember there are people telling you you can't do what you are trying to do, because if you do, they will report you to the authorities!

Just try it and I will be able to say to you "WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD!!!"

5460c629-1c4a-480e-b4a4-8faa59fff7d.jpg

fishing is nature's medical prescription

Just heard, Richard is OUT of intensive care!! GOT to be good news!! :)

And just anounced that "Tens of thousands of pounds have been raised to go towards the Helicopter which took him to hospital!!" and the sum raised THUS FAR??? £50,000+!!!!

Edited by Chris Goddard

Chris Goddard

It is to be observed that 'angling' is the name given to fishing by people who can't fish.

If GOD had NOT meant us to go fishing, WHY did he give us arms then??

(If you can't help out someone in need then don't bother my old Dad always said! My grandma put it a LITTLE more, well different! It's like peeing yourself in a black pair of pants she said! It gives you a LOVELY warm feeling but no-one really notices!))

Latest from the BBC

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/5371556.stm

Mat

Good Good, things are moving in the right direction at least. Dave

Life is rather like a tin of sardines - we're all of us looking for the key.

I would like the posters that are posting remarks about buying the best, and when in a hole, stop digging, to swap places with me for a month. Although disabled, they must cook their own meals (if they can afford them with the government "hand outs") keep the house clean, do the washing, shopping?, gardening etc. And remember there are people telling you you can't do what you are trying to do, because if you do, they will report you to the authorities!

Just try it and I will be able to say to you "WELCOME TO THE REAL WORLD!!!"

Maybe my comments were taken out of context but whilst I wholeheartedly agree with a lot of what KB says I just feel that comments like this should have their own thread and not have a very serious accident used to air them. My mum is disabled and I know of a lot of the struggles she and her pensioner friends have so I have every sympathy. It doesn't stop me or her liking or loving a programme, sportsman or celebrity. We have just ended up where we are and as long as nobody tries to **** on me from a great height I don't care how rich or able a person is. I just feel that using Hamsters unfortunate accident to air all the problems in the world wrong.

But........out of adversity sometimes comes some good. Donations to the air ambulance service that took him to hospital have rocketed. I know that perhaps it should be better funded anyway but thats how it is and thats another story.

http://www.justgiving.com/phrichardhammond

It's becoming apparent that the show and this brave little rodent have really been taken to the countrys heart and any good that comes from it is well....good!

I am dyslexic of Borg, refistance is sutile.............your ass will be laminated!